mate

we have stopped by a gigantic mansion, a little bigger than my dad's pack house. Maybe this is Christian's house. Ugh. Just the thought of him makes me sick. I have a mate, Dad knows that. A mate is what I had wished for ever since.... my 13th birthday. Maybe, I don't deserve one.

"We are here, Alpha Matthew." The driver call out to my dad. He nodded and we went out of the car, the cold breeze brushing past my arms. I should've brought a jacket. Forgetting things, I think I'm getting old.

We went inside, my heels didn't help because of the tall and long hallway. Alexandra didn't seem to have a problem with heels, after all, she is fond of high fashion.

We reached a dining area. Everything is polished and clean, a chandelier hanging above the long dining table. The chairs' back support is a little tall for my liking.

"Matthew! Glad you came." A man with brownish blond hair came into view. He hugged dad and patted his back as dad did the same. They pulled away after.

I assume this is Solomon.

"Solomon, meet your daughter-in-law; Allison." My dad gave me a look I will regret once I didn't budge. I quickly went towards Solomon for a handshake but he quickly pulled me into a hug before giving his full gaze at me.

His eyes shown so much felicity, that he doesn't know and don't want to know what I'm going to feel. Maybe his son feel the same too.

We all sat down; Alexandra at the side of dad, Dad beside Solomon, and me beside an empty chair.

"Presty. Where's Christian?" I heard Solomon whisper at a side where I could hear clearly. At a moment Christian arrived. He pulled out a chair from my side and plop down. I turned my head at him and he took one glance at me before snobbishly averting his gaze.

"Christian! You do notice that the pretty lady at your side is your bride. I know you're excited!"

I almost snort at the statement alpha Solomon made. Christian didn't seem enthusiastic, and I was happy for that. But, maybe, just maybe, he had a hint of likeness in the idiotic idea. Just saying, because who gives a fuck about an arranged marriage? every werewolf has a mate, and I will continue to believe that I won't do something against my will. I have a right to make my own decisions. I'm nineteen for fuck's sake!

"okay, let's eat first. Then we'll be discussing about the relationship and advantages between our packs after the marriage, which starts tomorrow." alpha Solomon blurted out as he turned at my direction and smiled at me. Well that hit me. His eyes shown a bit of sadness, but overall pure bliss. I hate it, hate the fact that they are selfishly handling these things, just for the packs. I'm a pack member too, don't I get a right?

maids in every corner started placing various amount of servings. I barely ate anything earlier, so I gladly took a steak and some boiled potatoes, at the side are grilled asparagus.

I silently chew on my food, making sure not to alert anyone on my manner in front of the table. The food is so good-

"hey, you chew loud. No offense, but it's kind of annoying." I heard a hoarse voice, whose not in a sexy way said, apparently at me. I snapped my head towards my left, which is Christian. I blushed furiously, shame gushing inside my stomach. I gulped the food, and wiped my mouth with a napkin at my side.

"excuse me, I need to go to the, uh, washroom. Where is it?" I asked embarrassed. I grabbed my phone and purse then stood up.

"go straight, then third door to the right." Alpha Solomon gestured me to where the hallway is.

"thank you." I muttered before stalking off. I made my way to the bathroom and locked it.

I need to escape. As much as I wanted to stay with my family, I need to go somewhere where I'm free. I can do what I want, without doing something in return. I couldn't go to the front door, they'll get suspicious, either they'll know I wanted so badly to leave.

as thoughts caught me in a trance, I saw a window just above the toilet. It was open. I climbed to it, with phone and wallet with me. What? I love my phone. I even discovered Harry Styles' phone number. I might use it someday to prank call him. And my wallet with me so I can buy food. Who knows? I might get hungry on the way to nowhere. I stopped eating by the time Christian noticed my 'loud chewing'.

I jumped, gladly it was only a few distance from the bottom. But then I forgot to peel off my-

Ouch!

My ankle started to sprain. I flinched, what the fuck did I just got myself into? Hmmp, well, it's for the best. But shit, it motherfucking hurts!

I threw my heels at the side and started walking limply. My right leg holding most of my weight and the other barely had.

I hid behind a tree and strip my clothes. I shove them inside my purse along with my phone. I shift into my husky grey wolf, then hung my purse on the middle of my mouth. I started running, faster than I had pictured. I wasn't a runner at all, but I tried a few rounds when I went with Alexandra for training.

I ran in all directions, swiftly. Well frankly, I crashed a few trees down, nearly killed a fragile deer, and almost stumble over a piece of twig. On my way to nowhere, I had passed by a few pack territories, and I luckily escaped perfectly. There were barely any guards surrounding the area, so, I didn't regret.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Something tells me that I was standing in menace. I couldn't escape, or they'll follow me.

Just before I could move, I realize I was in Royal Scars' territory. My fur felt a shiver, and my mind couldn't think straight. Even before my eyes, I was tackled to the ground by a blond wolf.

I bit its arm, and it winced and I took that as my chance to escape. But when I bit my purse it jumped on me and scratched my neck. A small scar was bleeding on my neck, as I howl in agony.

At then I was on the ground, and it shifted. The blond wolf rose into a young man. He had piercing green eyes and dirty blond hair. "shift."

I can't shift, for two reasons. One, I need to heal. Better be in werewolf form than bleed to death. Two, I'll be naked if I shift. I'm still a virgin, and there's no way I'm going to be sluttish.

He sighed, "change at that back of the tree. Don't you dare escape. Make it quick."

I followed his orders and changed swiftly. I catched up to him, and thank god he was wearing pants. Only thing was he is shirtless. That stinking six pack.

His teeth started growing sharp. I collapse limp on the ground, my feet couldn't take it no more. I had to heal them. My neck was still bleeding. I'm such a coward.

"what am going to do with you? If I let you go, I'm going to be replaced from being third in command! " he glared at me deathly, I think I might die a virgin.

"please don't kill me." I begged as the third in command lingered around me, his eyes turning into an intense shade of yellowish green. I manage to sneak away from their land, partially my fault. His canines are sharp, I couldn't take any of this. The situation was terrifying.

But a sudden tension rise as adrenaline gush throughout my body. The scent from before was back. My mate is here. But who has the guts to show up in the Royal Scars pack? Once you set foot on their land, you can never look back.

The third in command was pushed back and he muttered "Alpha."

Then a strong built body with intensive eyes came in view.

He looked down at me and stared intensively and lustfully. His face soften then grabbed the third in command by his collar. "Mine!"