The Magic Gateway

One evening before dance class at Royal Prep, several princesses were gathered together warming up. The girls all excitedly talked about what they were hoping to learn. Hildegard slightly laughed, explaining how she doesn't need to learn anymore due to already knowing all. To this, Sofia began to giggle, until something caught her eye. A few of the tiles on the floor had jewels in them. "I've never noticed that before, and each jewel is different!" She stated.

Amber wasn't that impressed with it and simply told her sister how those have always been there

Amber wasn't that impressed with it and simply told her sister how those have always been there. However, Sofia was still curious. She started looking at one, then pulled out her Royal Prep Handbook. "This one is an amethyst, just like on my book!" Sofia realized. Vivian quickly joined in and noticed how another one matched the pearl on her book. Sofia decided there is a meaning behind it all. Amber started explaining how Sofia is thinking too much into it and how it is just a coincidence. Sofia turned to Vivian, who simply shrugged.

Still holding her book, Sofia stepped onto the tile with the amethyst. Soon after, Vivian smiled and did the same. All of a sudden, those two stones started to light up, making all the other princesses gasp. Sofia quickly began to encourage the other princesses to get out their handbooks and find their matching jewel. One by one, the princesses found a tile to match their jewel. Soon, all of the stones began to glow, but nothing else seemed to be happening. "See Sofia, there is no meaning behind this." Amber explained.

"There must be something I'm missing..." Sofia told herself. She looked around at all the other princesses and began counting, doing the same to the tiles afterwards. She soon paused and told the others, "There are 12 jewels in the floor, but only 10 of us!" Clio then followed asking who they were missing. Sofia thought for a moment then snapped her figures in awareness. "Princess Leena and Princess Penelope!" She exclaimed.

"Who?" Hildegard questioned, unamused of unknown princesses.

Once again, Sofia began to giggle. "I'll show you!" She said, rushing off to find the missing princesses.

Finding the two princesses in other classrooms, Sofia brought them into the dance room and explained what was going on along the way. "Alright everyone, let's try this again! Grab your handbooks and find the matching jewel!" Sofia cheered. The process repeated with each princess holding their handbook, individually stepping on their tile, and the tiles lighting up. This time, however, the tiles were even brighter.

Next thing they knew, the floor began opening up and creating a stairway

Next thing they knew, the floor began opening up and creating a stairway. Some princesses were fascinated while others were terrified. "Who's coming with me?" Sofia asked, already making her way down the stairs. Everyone else looked all around, then started to follow.