The Mystery of the Princesses

However, the princesses were having so much fun that they lost track of time. Back in Enchancia at suppertime, King Roland asked where Sofia and Amber were. "I don't know." James answered. "They never came out to the carriage after school," He finished. The girls ended up staying at the pavilion all night until morning, when they returned to school. Each and every princess could barely keep their eyes open. This made all the princes very curious. "Was a sleeping spell put on them?" James questioned.

Desmond was quick to respond, "I doubt that. If it were a sleeping potion, they'd all be snoring loudly and none would have their eyes open. As you can see, some of them are still flickering their eyes, and I don't hear any snoring." Hugo then chimed in stating that maybe princesses just never snore anyway. This made James laugh, explaining how Amber snores a lot more than they think she would. Desmond gave the simple description that they just stayed up all night.

"Doing what?" Hugo wondered.

"Of that, I am uncertain. It probably isn't our business, though." Desmond answered. Of course, James and Hugo did not care. They wanted to solve this mystery. Eventually, every prince wanted to get involved in finding out the secret of the princesses. James stood on top of his desk, declaring that whoever finds this out will be top prince of the school. The other princes cheered in agreement, except for Desmond. "I don't know, James. It'd be wrong to pry."

"It'd be wrong to what?" James asked, not knowing the meaning of 'pry'

"It'd be wrong to what?" James asked, not knowing the meaning of 'pry'. Desmond sighed, but decided to join in because he didn't want to feel left out.

After school, returning home, the girls were more awake. Queen Miranda asked why they didn't come home yesterday. Sofia started to hesitate, not knowing what to say. Amber quickly chimed in and told their mother, "We spent the night at Hildy's!" Miranda calmly reminded her children to let her know next time.

"Right! Sorry." Sofia said with guilt. Amber smiled and told Miranda that they were now on their way to sleep over at Vivian's. The queen nodded and watched as the girls rushed out the door in their worn-out shoes. James watched as well. Could slumber parties really be the reason they were so tired this morning?