It's Best to Share

Returning to the school the next morning, Desmond was truly aware of how much the world meant to the princesses. He turned to them and explained, "That pavilion was unlike anything I've seen before. I understand its importance to you and promise to keep it a secret. I don't need the award, anyway." The princesses were honored, yet wondered what reward he was talking about. Embarrassed, Desmond's face slightly turned red. He did, however, clarify. "Oh, well... James and the other princes wanted to find out why you guys were so tired and never returned home after school. They agreed that whoever found out your guys' 'secret' will be the top prince of the school. Like I said, though, I'll keep it a secret. Don't worry."

Sofia once again paused in thought

Sofia once again paused in thought. It was wrong for them to hide this place all to themselves. It was a world everybody should get to experience at least once. "You know what, Desmond?" Sofia began. "Why don't we just show everyone?" She finished.

"But... Just for one night!" Amber added. The other princesses agreed. Letting the princes join in for just one night wouldn't be so bad. Desmond smiled to this. It truly was a way to make everyone happy. "Besides, they're never able to go without us. We're the keys to the door." Amber acknowledged.

"And if they wanted to go alone, I doubt they'd be able to steal all our handbooks without us noticing." Hildegard said.

So that night, the princesses brought all the princes along. Now, each princess could have a dance partner. Desmond revealed how excited he was to get to come back. Amber confirmed how she was happy as well. "Wait, you've been here before?" James asked, both shocked and curious.

"He sure has!" Amber replied.

"So... You won the bet?" Hugo questioned.

"It sure seems like it." Desmond confidently answered.

James shook his friend's hand and congratulated him. "Guess we should've listened to you, then, huh?" Hugo admitted. "I wish I did that before," he continued. Desmond explained how the magic doesn't work like that and the three princes all began to laugh. Of all the nights that the girls visited, this was by far their favorite.

 Of all the nights that the girls visited, this was by far their favorite