Look Me Up

"This man's name was Gunpei Ikari" Marlow told them as he rested a hand on the grave, his eyes distant "But you take away the uniform and the war, an' he became my brother"

The rest of the group watched in silence. The sun had already risen and both Slivko and Sandra had made it back to the rest of the group before they woke, prepping for the trip they would take that day.

     "And we swore we'd never leave each other behind" Marlow's voice broke as he blinked away tears from his eyes before he took a breath and rose steadily, looking at the group in front of him "Let's get off this island"

With that he pulled the sword from the grave and sheathed it.

The group trudged down to the 'boat', loading their things on as they finished some final touches to make sure it was as smooth of sailing as possible.

Sandra finished what she could and sat down, watching Slivko with a small smile on her lips.

He was so focussed on what he was doing, not even noticing Sandra examining him. He had become a little more tan over the course of their time on the island, his green eyes had become more vibrant and his features a little more serious.

There were multiple cuts and scrapes on his face, as there were on everyone else and though he had cleaned them that morning, some still had dry blood or were bright and fresh-looking.

Sandra tilted her head in an almost curious manner as she watched him with a sort of fascination. He was so concentrated and passionate about what he was working on.

At that moment she heard sputtering coming from the controls. Sandra rushed over as Nieves pushed down on the wrong lever.

     "Don't-" She tried to tell him but it was too late. There was sputtering from the back and Slivko yelped.

     "Ow!" Slivko yelled, popping out of the whole "Not yet!"

     "Prime the lines," James instructed and Sandra nodded as everyone entered the ship.

     "Yeah, yeah, yeah" Slivko agreed, helping Sandra.

      "Wing it up, let's go" The older Conrad yelled to the two. Everyone on the ship was putting max effort in, Sandra growled as she tightened her muscles, trying to turn the lever and get it spinning, her eyes screwed shut as her body felt like it was going to break.

The 'boat' sputtered a few times and failed to start up once again, though the crew didn't lose hope.

     "Third time's the charm" Slivko encouraged them, dropping the other lever as he hopped up to a different part tinkering with it and allowing Mason to take his place "Here we go. Here we go!" He chanted "Let's go, let's go, let's go"

     "Come on, come on" Sandra hardly heard Marlow growl over the sound of everything whistling.

With a final shove of the lever, Sandra got the motor spinning and she fell back into Slivko who landed on the ground with her, holding himself in a sitting position while an exhausted Sandra leaned back on him.

     "Yes" He breathed, watching the thing spin as the engine started up. Marlow laughed, clapping his hands together in joy and Sandra let her head fall back, a grin plastered on her face. "Yes! Yes!" Slivko cried happily, shaking Sandra who got up with him, everyone laughing in relief and joy.

Slivko held out his hand for a fistbump and Sandra met it, watching his pure joy poor out, before they heard Mason gasp.

Turning to see what she was looking at, they found the natives all gathered, staring at them. Sandra backed into Slivko, who held her to his side.