Kong

"Now, follow me" James called to the civilians, leading everyone into the forest in the direction towards the boat. "And we'll get off this rock alive"

     "What about the others?" Sandra asked, her mind flicking to Slivko, they couldn't just leave him there.

     "They made their choice" James responded harshly. Sandra snapped her mouth shut and narrowed her eyes at her brothers back.

'That was a little harsh' She thought 'Not all of them chose to go try to kill a giant gorilla'

The rest of the journey was in silence, as Sandra was in too rotten of a mood to talk with anyone and the others were on high alert.

At some point, James crouched down by a log that had fungus growing on it and Sandra's eyes scanned the area. The stream could possibly be nearby, but it was looking like they were a little lost.

     "There's water close by" James announced to the group and Sandra closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose.

     "Are you lost?" Brooks demanded "Which way"

     "Hang on" James told him, looking ahead. The group stood in silence until they caught onto what he had. A roar echoed in the distance, causing Sandra's eyes to snap open. "Wait here" With that the older Conrad took off down a trail, leaping onto some stones and heading upwards. "I've got to get to higher ground to find the river"

     "Hey!" Mason yelled after him "I'm coming, too" Sandra debated her choices, before following after them.

     "Like hell I'm staying with these-" She muttered, climbing after her brother and Mason. She heard a gun cock in the background, but hardly turned around.

     "I'll be right here" Marlow called after them.

Sandra followed her brother all the way up to a sort of peak, similar to the one they first crashed near. They had had to crawl through and over all types of sharp and jagged boulders, Sandra now had a gash over her stomach, but she didn't have it in her to care.

They looked over the scenery in front of them, the moonlight illuminated in the water, being the only light they had, everything else became a shadow around it.

     "The boat must be around that bend" James told them as he panted slightly. Sandra nodded, looking to where he had meant. Mason snapped a few photos and Sandra took a seat at the edge of the cliff, just staring into the scenery,, wondering where the military half was now.

She stared down where her feet were dangling, swinging in the open space. Were they alright? Had they made it to the crash site? What exactly were they going to do? "Would Slivko make it out alive?

A sort of growl came from in front of her, causing Sandra to snap her head up. A dark figure was coming from the fog and her heart raced as she guessed what it was. Sandra's breath was trembling as she tried to stay calm.

Kong emerged from the fog, his features scrunched up in distaste as he looked at the humans. Sandra pulled her legs back up to her chest and scrambled away from the edge of the cliff.

She glanced back to see Mason grab James' wrist, before looking ahead again. Kong seemed to be surveying the humans, his eyes flicking over them. Sandra leaned towards him slightly, curious with what would happen. She figured if he was going to try to kill them there'd be no point in backing away from him, so why not give into curiosity?

Mason took a deep breath and slowly walked past where Sandra was sitting. Curiosity still getting the better of her, Sandra rose slowly, following the older woman.

Mason reached a hand up towards the beast, gently placing it on Kong's nose. Sandra stood behind her, curious to see how the beast would react, but Kong just huffed, the sudden wind causing Sandra's hair to fly back and a childish smile to take over her lips.

Mason was staring up at Kong in awe and Sandra had to contain the excited whoop that wanted to break through. Mason chuckled slightly, pure happiness flowing from all her features as she stared up at Kong. Even James' seemed in awe.

Mason carefully retracted her hand, still staring up at the beast and backing up to James' side once more as Kong turned slightly.

An explosion could be heard in the distance and Sandra's heart raced.

'The explosives' she realized 'That's how they plan on attracting Kong'

Kong roared and disappeared into the fog, clearly heading for where the explosives were going off.

     "We have to go" James told them urgently "Now"

He headed back down the hill and the girls followed, knowing he was right.

      "Don't shoot!" Sandra yelled as they tumbled back through the tree's to where the group was waiting. She had a few more scrapes littering her body from the hasty climb back down. She had tumbled right in front of Marlow's pistol and held her hands up in surrender, showing it was her.

     "Conrad" Brooks panted, clearly upset and both the siblings looked at him "Which way are we going?"

     "You three need to get back to the boat" James told them at the same time as Sandra blurted

     "It's that way" While pointing in the direction.

     "Wait for us till dawn" James told them, clasping a hand over his sister's mouth to keep her from trying to peak over him. "If we're not back by then, just go" Brooks scoffed at James, shaking his head as he turned away.

      "You ain't gotta twist my arm" He muttered, grabbing his things.

     "Where are you three going?" Marlow asked as he stood up.

     "We're going to save Kong" Sandra responded as she ripped her brother's hand away from her face.

      "Not without me, pal" Marlow responded, smiling before he sheathed his sword.