Hey, Sunshine

Her gash had gotten medical attention and had been stitched up, though she hadn't realized it was that serious, with everything that was going on on the island.

So there Sandra stood, watching the water in front of them as the ship moved, her now-brushed hair blowing behind her, as she had let it down for once, allowing the brown strands to frame her face.

Slivko came up next to her, leaning back against the railing and taking her in. She looked back at him, smiling slightly as a moment passed through them.

     "Hey, Sunshine" Slivko murmured, causing Sandra's cheeks to dust pink and she averted her gaze from him.

     "Hey" She murmured, her blue eyes hesitantly flicking back up to look at his green ones.

      "The shirt looks good on you" He told her, a smirk playing his lips as Sandra's cheeks flushed, she laughed, shaking her head at him.

     "Thanks, I think I'll keep it" She winked at him and it was Slivko's turn to chuckle.

     "Be my guest" He murmured, lifting a hand to push a strand of hair from her face and behind her ear. His hand lingered, cupping her cheek gently and she lifted a hand up to place it on his, holding it there as she leaned into it, still staring into his eyes.

Without realizing it, Sandra found herself leaning in and she realized he was too, his eyes flicking from hers to her lips and then back. They were so close, Sandra's eyes fluttering shut.

     "Hey!" A voice interrupted them, causing both parties to pull back. Sandra saw disappointment flash over Slivko's features before turning to see who had yelled.

Mills and Reles approached, the stupidest grins Sadnra had ever seen plastered on their faces. She ran a hand through her hair, pushing it back out of her face as she fought to keep the flush down.

Sandra turned fully to face the boys, mimicking Slivko as she leaned back on the railing, eyeing the approaching soldiers,

     "What were the two of you doin'?" Mills asked slyly and Sandra laughed easily.

     "Nothing" She lied smoothly. The boys still didn't seem to believe her, but continued anyway.

     "So we were thinking" Mills started "We can't call you 'Conrad' 'cause of your brother, so what do we call you?"

     "Sandr-?" She tried to reply but got cut off.

     "Babe" Reles snapped his fingers and Sandra raised an eyebrow. She could feel Slivko stiffen next to her, but didn't move to calm him down, as it would just encourage the boys, instead she kept her face at a neutral, unimpressed state.

     "Sweet-cheeks" Mills added

     "Cutie" Reles brainstormed. The two soldiers continued listing off pet names, causing Sandra and Slivko to exchange a look.

     "Slivko's chick" Reles said suddenly, repetitively hitting Mills' shoulder and a grin broke out on the other soldiers face.

      "Slivko's girl, Slivko's babe" He added "Slivko's Chick, yeah!" Sandra let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose as her face scrunched up.

     "I don't actually get a say in this, do I?" The soldiers all shook their heads and Sandra rolled her eyes.

      "Oh well, then" She pretended to think about something "If it doesn't make a difference" She trailed off, knowing the boys were all staring at her curiously.

Sandra wrapped her arms around a surprised Slivko's neck, pulling him down and crashing her lips into his. Slivko was frozen in shock for a moment, before he responded, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Sandra heard the soldiers whistle from behind them, but she didn't care. Slowly the two pulled away. Slivko's eyes were searching hers for something, but Sandra's eyes dropped to the ground shyly.

When she glanced back up at him he was wearing a goofy grin, his hands were still wrapped around her waist and he pulled her in a little closer. Sandra's cheeks were burning red with uncertainty to what she had done.

'He's gonna hate me now for doing that in front of his friends' Sandra's thoughts ran wild.

Slivko seemed to notice her uncertainty and brushed her cheek gently with his fingers, before tipping her head up so she could see his smile. Tentatively he dipped his head again to meet her lips.

Mills and Reles pretended to gag in the background, but she didn't care, Sandra was far too enveloped in the kiss.

Mills coughed awkwardly in the background as the two slowly pulled away from each other.

     "Actually, we were sent to let you guys know there's a meeting" He told them stiffly.

***

The entire group sat in the empty briefing room, trying to figure out how to write a report about the island.

Sandra sat in a chair next to Slivko, who had decided she was too far away and reached over to the chair, pulling it over so he could sling an arm around Sandra's shoulders.

She didn't mind, of course, ignoring her brother's harsh gaze she leaned into the soldier, finding comfort in it.

     "How are we supposed to explain all those deaths?" Sandra spoke up as the group stared at the paper they were trying to figure out how to write.

     "We could tell them that they all died in the helicopter crashes" Reles piped up and Sandra dropped her head with a sigh.

     "How are we supposed to explain the helicopters crashing?" Mason countered and the soldier shrugged.

     "We could blame the hurricane, say it went in farther than the readings showed it was supposed to and the lightning picked us off, sending us flying down into the ocean and a bunch of us drowned" Sandra offered as she felt Slivko lean his head against hers.

The group fell silent once more and Sandra played with her fingers nervously.

Eventually they gave up on adding anything and decided to head for dinner.

The chefs had prepared a buffet for the group and everyone dug in at whatever they could. Despite the Iwis kindness, they were starving.

Sandra stayed glued to Slivko's hip the entire time, not wanting to be separated from the person she had grown so close to over the course of the past few days.

Marlow was also with them, pigging out on all the food he had been missing for the past 28 years. Sandra still had a hard time believing he had survived on that island for so long, she knew she wouldn't be able to without anyone from the outside world. She couldn't even imagine it.

The dinner ended as did the desert when the group had practically inhaled it. Sandra had risen from her seat and excused herself for the night before heading to her room.

Slivko did the same a few minutes later followed by a few other soldiers.