chapter 8 (short)

"Why me?"

***Flashback***

What do mean only two can enter while the other stays? Explain dammit?!

I agree with Zira on this one. All in agreement on backing up Zira? Zecora asked at which the females agreed while zoning in on the two males. The look they had was not a pretty one.

Well it was nice knowing you Atrox.

Truly if this be our deaths, just know it was an honor working with you my brotha.

Likewise, dude. Might as well except our fate.

After a few bruises and ouches, the males coughed out the answers. And the females were not very happy. In the least.

***Flashback end***

Sigh' it is what it is. And now I'm stuck with Zira, not that I'm complaining.

They stayed quiet as they marched into bamboo mountain were the elder awaited them.

So this is who you will go with? It will be years before you can return again. But then, that's a big "if" the world still exists.

What do you mean by that?

All will be revealed in time. Until then you must hurry through the portal.

With a push, both Atrox and Zira went through the portal.

Once both were through the portal, they quickly noticed the change in temperature due to the wind blowing cold air.

Zira quickly huddled next to Atrox trying to stay warm.

What the?

It's like I read in the history book.
This world is like a mixture of the pleistocene age and our present age together.

"The Pleistocene age began 2,588 million years ago and ended 11,700 years ago. It is preceded by the Pliocene epoch, and is a followed by the Holocene epoch. The Pleistocene fauna of North America once housed: giant sloths, short-faced bears also known as Arctodus simus, California tapirs, peccaries, American lion (Panthera (Leo) atrox), a giant jaguar (Panthera onca augusta), a giant condor, Miracinonyx, saber-toothed cats (Smilodon fatalis), (Homotherium), an "awful" wolf (Canis dirus), two species of bison, Tylopoda, horses, mammoths (Mammuthus columbi), (Mammuthus primigenius) and Mammutidae (Mammut americanum), giant beavers, as well as birds like Teratornis. During the time, the largest animal in North America was the bison. Most of the megafauna that existed in the late Pleistocene, died. It however was assumed that the extinction caused new diseases or primitive hunters, or it was a result of climate change or a combination of all factors. However, there's a big difference. And that is a few creatures from modern time are here" finished Atrox as Zira dug her claws into his skin.

You really read upon that stuff? Nevermind that, just find us somewhere were we could warm up. I'm cold.

Sure thing.

Atrox swooped Zira off her feet and began making his way through the Cold winds.

"This is going to be one challenging winter" thought Atrox.