Chapter One: The Demon's Chosen

The Ashlands...
Northern Europe...
3rd Person POV

"This.... this is how it ends for me, isn't it? To be consumed by the ash storm."

As the mobile fortress that is Baran's Ash Crawler drives off in the distance, a young man watches with empty silver eyes. His short, snow white hair, crimson colored jacket, and the straps of his sagging black pants waving to his right as a massive black cloud of ash grows behind him.

"To be deserted by Baran himself for the failure to capture a live Aragami

"To be deserted by Baran himself for the failure to capture a live Aragami.... He should've known it was an impossible feat. We all knew that it was impossible."

Turning himself around with his black boots, the young man stood idly as the storm grew closer, streaks of orange lightning spewing out from within the storm.

"There's no point in running from it. It'll only make the pain worse."

The young man was knocked onto his bum as the storm had enveloped him, causing minor burns to form all over his skin as he continued to think.

"I've denied those rumors about him, and yet.... This is the price I pay for my loyalty..."

As he stayed in the storm, the minor burns began to worsen, causing an unbearable burning sensation to his nerves as his skin began to flake away, as if he was caught on fire.

Young Man: Ah, Aaaah. AAAAAAHHHH!

"Worst of all, I've never even gotten the chance to tell her... that I love her."

Young Man: BARAN!

But as the young man's body was being torn apart by the ash, his 5 basic senses were shot, no longer feeling the burning embers that was frying him. Despite it, however, a pair of dimly lit blue eyes manifested from within the darkness that he could only see, alongside what looked to be the shape of a wolf's head.

 Despite it, however, a pair of dimly lit blue eyes manifested from within the darkness that he could only see, alongside what looked to be the shape of a wolf's head

Young Man: What the-?

It was there that he recieved a message from the manifestation, despite his loss of hearing.