Chapter Two: Guidance From an Apostle

Sunrise...
Backwoods of the Western Territory...
3rd Person POV

In the backwoods of the western territories, after several hours of nonstop walking, the young Satanael had taken a rest beside a log that lied beside a lonesome dirt trail

In the backwoods of the western territories, after several hours of nonstop walking, the young Satanael had taken a rest beside a log that lied beside a lonesome dirt trail. His back against the log and his legs stretched out, he leaned forward towards his weapon as he began to close his eyes and descend into the land of dreams.

*Woof, Woof!*

Satanael: !?

But after a few hours of slumber, he was awakened to the barks of a small puppy. A rather unusual sight to a God Eater, born to a world with very little variety of animals.

 A rather unusual sight to a God Eater, born to a world with very little variety of animals

*Woof!*

Satanael: The hell?

It was through this pup that a familiarly deep voice echoed to him.

Wolf: I told you specifically to heed my warning, not to slaughter the demon king and his knights.

Satanael: Heh!?

Wolf: Then again.... that's not exactly a bad thing, either.

Standing up from his spot, the young man asked the pup with the assumption of his own insanity.

Satanael: H-H-How the hell is this happening? Who are you, what are you, and why are you casually chatting with me like this shit is normal?

The wolf pup tilted his head down in disbelief as the being within muttered.

Wolf: You're still not taking this to heart...

Satanael: The hell is that supposed to mean?

Wolf: Right... Listen closely, young one, for I will not explain again.

Satanael: A puppy calling me "young"... Jesus Christ.

Wolf: A figment of human imagination, by the way.

Satanael: Wha-?

Wolf: Moving on... I am one of two apostles of the wind goddess, Gemini. Your people named a pharmaceutical company after me in the not so distant past.