Chapter Three: A Village's Fate

Sunrise...
Village of Rotherham...
3rd Person POV

After comsuming a small filling of stew, consisting of a variety of meats and vegetables, and a good night's rest in the heated wood shack, Satanael awoken from his slumber in the back wall of the shack's main room. Standing up and stretching his arms out, he looked around as the only other living thing in the room with him was Fenrir.

Satanael: Where's that Raizer fella?

Fenrir: If I recall their conversation earlier, out hunting for food with the rest of the men.

Satanael: Ah.

Fenrir: We should make haste while there is still light. If we leave now, we can make it to Port Bening before nightfall.

Satanael: Right, let me just stetch my hips real quick, and-.

Beast Kin Woman: WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Satanael & Fenrir: !?

From outside, a young woman's shriek pierced through the confines of the wooden shack and into the ears of the outsiders.

Satanael: Was that his wife?

The apostle, melting himself into the young man's shadow, responds.

Fenrir: Hard to tell.

Satanael: That's still creepy as all hell.

Beast Kin Woman: We don't have anymore meat or alcohol to give you!

Opening the large wooden door, he was met with empty land as the villagers had gathered themselves around in the distance to his left. Approaching the area, he was met with a crowd, mostly comprising of women and children, facing a similarly large group of men in various colors of steel armor plating. In between the two groups, the wife of meat mountain stood firmly in place, yelling at a middle aged man in pure silver armor.

Satanael: Knights?

Mika: The lord already took everything we had!

Fenrir: Riders of the Gillespie Empre, the independent empire I've mentioned earlier.

Satanael: But why are they here when the one in charge isn't? Judging by the screaming, it can't be anything good.

Silver Rider: Woah there girly, watch your mouth. Haven't you heard? There's been some dangerously nasty demons roaming around lately. We're just here to protect you lot while the men are all out.

Satanael: Ah... I see whats going on.

He began to move through the crowd, aware of the event that was about to unfold.

Satanael: Such a damn cliche.

Silver Rider: The very least you can do for us is provide us with a little something... you know.

Mika: What!?

The knight's hands slowly reached out towards her breasts as he continued.

Silver Rider: Besides... Aren't you getting bored with that one ton play thing?

Seeing her mother getting groped, the beast kin child ran out from the crowd towards her.

Mika: S-Stop it!

Emily: Mommy!

Upon hearing her daughter's cry, Mika shoved the man in silver off of her, turning her back to him as she held her daughter firmly.

Silver Rider: What the-? H-Hey!

Mika: It's alright, honey. Mommy's just in a bit of a tiffy, is all...