Chapter Seven: Uninvited Guest

Throne Room...
Muran Castle...
A Few Minutes Later...

In the luxuriously built throne room of the emperor, the four heroes that were summoned by the gods had left, guided by the captain of their respected knights to recieve basic combat training. Thus, this left only the emperor and a seemingly frail,  mysterious figure that stood behind him. As the heroes left, said figure stepped out from behind the throne. His long, fiery red hair waving subly behind him as the emperor looked back into his golden eyes.

 His long, fiery red hair waving subly behind him as the emperor looked back into his golden eyes

Emperor Muran: I see great potential in three of the four heroes. What says you.... Lord Aries?

With an odd mixture of confidence and calmness, the figure asked him.

Aries: Three out of the four? That is a rather marvelous accomplishment coming from the emperor himself... but I must ask, which of the four was it that you seen was "lacking"?

Emperor Muran: The red-.

Emperor Muran: !

Realizing that the red head was the one his lord summoned, he began to immediately apologize.

Emperor Muran: I-I-I apologize, lord Aires!

The fire god himself cracked a devilish smile.

Emperor Muran: I just....

Aries: Did not expect such a person like him?

Emperor Muran: Y-Yes...

Aries: Such a young boy with that kind of knowledge of the new world without prior experience... I take it you were quite fond of the woman of color?

Emperor Muran: The soldier? Of course! She's...

The fire god's shoulders sagged down a bit out of disappointment upon hearing the emperor's response.

Aries: Go figure... That damn negro woman took away my second summon for one of her... freaks of nature.

The thought of Gabriella and Gemini in the same room further angered him in his mind.

Aries: And of course, she found one with a similar complexion. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if she's just taunting me?

Emperor Muran: Lord Aries...?

Lord Aries: Hmm?

Emperor Muran: Are you alright? You seem... down.

The god realized then that the emperor had noticed his change of mood, thanks entirely to the wind goddess. Immediately, in response, the fire god resumed his fascade of approval before fibbing.

Aries: It's nothing of interest... Though on the subject of the heroes, the one I've chosen will build up his strength like the others. Though the young girl is talented now, in time... she will fall behind without any blessings from her goddess.