Chapter Five: To the Adventurer's Guild

City Gates of Lancaster...
3rd Person POV

Satanael: Now this is a city

At the gates of the capital city, six fairly young adults dawning leather armor overlooked the entry process as a massive line of commoners was formed behind them.

City Guard: 5 silver, please.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

City Guard: No illicit goods in the cargo.

City Guard: Proceed.

Passing by the people that waited in line, Satanael discussed the situation with the pup that had hidden himself in his shadow as those in line expressed their disguest.

Satanael: You sure I should be doing this?

Person in Line: Get back in line, asshole!

Fenrir: The letter of association Vulcan gave you is the equivalent of a VIP pass into the city, so yes.

Woman in Line: Hey! No cutting!

Ignoring the insults, Satanael continued on.

Satanael: And you don't think the guards will notice all this?

Fenrir: Getting their attention is exactly the point.

City Guard: Sir!

From the entrance, a young man in his late twenties began to walk towards Satanael, hands drawn near the hilt of his sword as he displayed a troubling look.

Fenrir: And right on queue.

City Guard: Unless there's an emergency, you're gonna have to get back in line.

Reaching into his jacket, Satanael responded with assurance.

Satanael: I was told this would allow me into the city.

Pulling out the letter of association, Satanael handed it over to the city guard, much to his confusion. His hands away from his blade, the city guard opened the envelope and began reading the letter, revealing shock and awe as he blurted out the furst thing on his mind.

City Guard: There's no way...

Satanael: Hmm?

Realizing his mistake, the city guard quickly instructed him before running back to the other guards.

City Guard: J-Just stay where you are!

Watching the guards gather around, Satanael wondered to himself.

Satanael: They think its a fake, dont they?

As the guards discussed about the letter, one of them reached his arm out towards the letter and blurted out something that sounded nonsensical.