10 | Recollect

CHAPTER TEN
December 28, 2108

The ray of nightlight passed through the windows, sending Arthur's eyelids to flutter open. "Where am I..?"

He looked around and figured he's in a hospital bed. The fact that there was an IV gave it away. He recollected whatever happened as his head was in a daze.

"Dave.. H-He almost... Killed me." Arthur thought of Davenn wearing that crooked smile, he knew that his friend had a problem but he never knew he would dare to murder him, especially on a holiday.

And somehow, during the time he was endlessly being stabbed by his friend didn't seem to hurt him. It was like he liked it.

But there was something wrong about it. Art didn't like blood but he suddenly have the urge to see that same action done again. He wanted to see that knife sliding across someone's flesh, the red liquid flowing from it as the one in pain was crying, begging for their life. He wanted to do it.

His hands flew to his mouth, Why am I thinking like that?!

He once did it but he long forgot about it. Art looked at his hands, the faint moonlight giving off shadows. It looked clean before his eyes flashed of past memories. Blood.

And it wasn't just some other person's blood that was decorating his hand. No, it was his mom's. He remembered..

She was pale as if she had just suffocated to death. But that didn't stop Art to stab her endlessly and no longer dislike the red fluid flowing through their body. He loved it.

"I remember now.. I-- I have to get out of here.." He stuttered, standing up from the bed. He was alone, luckily.

He observed the whole place more and had only noticed the notes on top of the desk near his bed. There were a lot of papers but one stood out. It wasn't the color of the paper nor was it the handwriting of what's written that brought his attention.

Unlike other notes left for him, this one was longer and seemed like the person who wrote it only had one paper, seeing how cramped the letters were. But he saw each sentence had more than one dot, as if the person had a hard time to write.

It wasn't also just that, this one paper had crumpled parts on some sides of the paper, like the writer was crying as they have been writing.

(Author: There will be intentional typos since they're still kids alright, but hopefully you can read through it.)

"Hello Art.. Im sorry..! I shouldv not done that.. but i cant sey it wasnt my folt.. i have been a bad frend.. the voice sed he wants two kill you.. i dont know wai.. but plaese get beter.. its ok if you dont want two be frends anymore.. Its ok... But i just want to sey sorry.."

- dave

Art folded the paper back and didn't bother reading the other notes. Those would probably just say the same thing: Hope you get better.

Art wasn't angry at Davenn at all. Instead, he was glad. Glad that with just that one event, he remembered everything. He always wondered why he can't remember, it's always a mystery and the world likes to play with him.

Art didn't want to stay at that hospital anymore. No, he wants freedom and attention but this time he's no longer stubborn.

If he were to run away right now, he has to keep himself hidden. It's only inevitable they'd search for him, especially since they believed he has a mental problem. They might assume he'd gone rogue and murder innocent lives, like his mother.

Though, one thing bothered him. He felt like something's missing. An object. And it wasn't something he held dear because it could be expensive nor was it because that thing probably had high value to society.

He cherished it because he needed it. His mind has always been scattered and that thing helped him gather it all into one. When he stopped using it, everything shattered and separated, probably the reason he forgot everything.

He needs that notebook.

He took deep breaths before climbing down the hospital window. He's lucky enough to be by the second floor. No one could see him, now that it was in the middle of the night.

Art used the long blanket of his bed and towels in the bathroom, tied it into a knot and done. It wasn't perfect but it was safe enough for him to use it. I mean, he is good at everything as to what his mom used to say.

"I need my notebook back." He mumbled to himself. He has been sent to a different building but it was still near where he and Davenn where suppose to be.

He would peak into his room and finally leave once he gets what he needs. That's all. Nothing else would happen in the middle.

Or would it?