Chapter III

8:41 A.M.
________________________________
Lumine's P.O.V.

I had no sleep. Literally none. I've been all night thinking about my past, what happened. What he did.

Anyways, I don't want anyone to worry, so I just get dressed and go into the kitchen. I see Aiden cooking something, so I go sit at the table. Aiden brings me a plate of eggs and toast and sits next to me.

"Hey Lumine, how did you sleep?" He smiled at me. I grabbed the fork and started eating.

"Good." I lie.

"Oh good, so that wasn't you crying." Oh sh*t, he knows. I nods my head.

"Yeah, that was me." I sit up and look at him. "Sometimes I get really depressed sometimes and I just can't help it." Aiden looked sympathetically at me.

"Oh..." he stops for a second. "Can I ask you exactly what happened?" I looked surprised, but I obliged.

"O-Ok..." I hesitate. "It all started about five years ago..."

________________________________

I was around 8 years old. Most kids my age were starting to figure out how to use magic. I knew how to do some magic, but whenever I tried, I would usually start throwing up blood and sometimes even pass out.

I knew I had to keep this a secret from my parents. If they found out, I would've probably been killed.

A year later, I was outside with one of my good friends. He was also a witch, and the only one who knew my secret.

I heard something behind a bush. I walked up to it and a weredog came out. It immediately lunged at my friend. He was bleeding from his arm and couldn't get up. It was on top of him.

I had to do something, so I created a small explosion (with magic) that pushed the dog away. The weredog whimpered and ran back into the woods.

I lay there, blood coming out of my mouth. My friend picks me up and rushes me into the house to my parents.

"Oh my god what happened!" My mom yelled.

"He used magic, and he then started throwing up blood." My friend replied.

"Whatever, we need to take him to the hospital." She picks me up and puts me into the car. There she rushes me to the ER. A soon passed out.

________________________________

"So that's the first time your parents knew..."

"Ahh-Kody!" I yell as I turn to see him. I calm down. "When did you come down?"

"About 5 minutes ago, I heard everything." He says. I look down.

"O-Oh...I guess you guys want to hear the rest, right? Ok, let's go into the living room." We all get up and go into the room. Kody and Aiden sit on the couch, while I sit on the chair across from them.

________________________________

After a while, I wake up in a hospital bed. My mom sitting next to me.

"Hey honey, you feeling ok?" She nicely asks. I nod. "Listen, no matter what, we can't tell your dad. If he finds out about this, I don't know what he'll do to you." I kinda got scared. She sounded quite serious.

________________________________

"Wait, I thought both of your parents kicked you out?" Kody questioned.

"No. It was mostly my dad. My mom didn't care. She knew that no matter what, I would always be her son."

________________________________

Later they day, I got to go back home. Luckily, dad wasn't home. I sat down on the couch next to mom. She looked worried for some reason.

"Listen, like I said before, you must never tell your dad about this. I'm serious!"

"I know mom. I promise." And I did. For the  next (about) 4 years, things were relatively normal.

Until about one month ago. Most of the kids at school did magic and spells just because they could. I didn't. There were more and more times where I had to hide away from situations that would expose me. Soon after, my dad caught wind of the truth.

My mom told me to run. Run away, far from here. She said she will come for me someday, but I don't know if she will make it out of there, knowing dad.

He was never one to take things lightly. He once almost killed someone for forgetting to give him back a spell book...

________________________________

"So there, that's basically my life story..." I look at them. They both look somewhat shocked on what they had just heard. It was a lot though.

"Oh my gosh, Lumine. I-I never thought you went through all that. And still, you try to find the bright side of things..." Aiden explained. "Yeah, I usually don't tell people all of this, but I think I can trust you guys." I reply.

*awkward silence*

"Well, before I forget. School will be starting soon. After all you've told me, I don't think you would want to go—" I cut him off. "No, it's fine. I actually prefer meeting new people who will hopefully understand..."

"Ok then, school starts tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!?" Me and Kody yell. I knew it was late summer, but I didn't expect school to start so soon.

"Well, you should go enjoy your last day of break. Kody, you too."

"O-Ok."(L)

"Whatever."(K)

________________________________
Thanks for reading. Plz comment and vote if you like this. I try really hard to make it around 900 words. Also, If you would like, read my other Lumine stories such as Lumine: A Story Of Two Friends. Anyways, c-ya later.