Chapter VIII

(Back At Home)

Lumine's P.O.V.

We open the door and quickly sit down. Aiden sits down while I pace the room, knowing what happened.

"Aiden, do you have any room that's soundproof?" (Fourth Wall Break) 'I know it sounds too much, but I really don't know who's listening.'

"Uhh, yea. Let's go to my office." I follow him down the hall and into the room. I close the door and lock it. "I think I might know what happened." He look up seriously.

"I'm not 100% sure but when I left my parents, the last thing by dad told me was that no matter what, I'll never have a good life. And that he would make sure of it." I begin to pace the room.

"I understand. But how do you know it was him?" I looked confused at the question, but then realized what I wanted to say. I looked at him.

"I don't really know, but my parents are very powerful witches. My dad being the 3rd strongest in the world. He can use that magic to talk to animals, and therefore watch over me through them."

"That's why you wanted to be in a soundproof room, right?" I nodded. I begin to slow and sit down.

"My family is pretty rich too. So my dad could easily hire someone to get rid of me, or to kidnap Kody. If I'm right, we should hurry and find him before he gets his hands on him. After that...I don't know what he'll do."

I watched as Aiden's heart sank. His expression slowly became more and more depressed as he realized the greatness of this problem. "Ok, I'll send out some tracking weredogs and tell all my workers to watch for suspicious activity. But Lumine, I need you to tell me, where do your parents live?"

"Terranevo. It's about a three day drive, even if you drive all night. So we have some time."

"I hope your right. Anyways, it's getting late. We'd begged get to bed early as we can get up early."

"O-Ok. Goodnight." I say as I walk out, ready to go to bed.

I lay down and think of Kody. 'I really hope he's ok.' I slowly close my eyes thinking of Kody, thinking that Kody's doing the same.

(12:46 A.M.)

"Lumine! Wake up!" I open my eyes and look around to see Aiden. "What's up." I say sleepily. I rub my eyes and look up sleepily.

"They found him." I immediately sat up and opened my eyes. "Where?" I question.

"About 30 miles away. My men have them surrounded. We should get going."

"R-Right." I nod my head and get up to get dressed. I quickly got dressed and walked outside to the car with Aiden. We got in the car and frantically got going, onto the pitch black street.

After about fifteen minutes, Aiden breaks the silence. "Lumine, if you're right, I want you to stay out of sight of them. I mean, unless it is necessary of course."

"I understand. I'll be careful." The rest of the ride we sit there in silence.

"I was just thinking, if they don't see you, they might think they messed up."

"Yeah, you might be right about that. I'll try my best to keep out of sight."

"Ok good. Because we're here." He parked the car and grabbed a pistol from his glove compartment.

Kody's P.O.V.

'Huh, why does my head hurt...wait. Where...am I?'

"Oh hey, your awake." A woman says to me. "Where am I?" I yell. She rolls her eyes end grabs a knife next to her. She puts it to my neck. "If I were you, I wouldn't do anything stupid, ok?" I slowly nod.

I look outside to see cars surround us. I read the writing on the side. Neptune Defense Squad. 'Good, saved.' I watch as the women grabs a gun and goes outside of the car. The driver and everyone else in the car do the same.

I look to see dad at the front of it all holding a gun at her. "We have you surrounded. There is nothing you can do..." I hear him say.

I look anti dads car to see Lumine in the back seat, trying not to be seen. I begin to notice some of the people walking up to the car. Suddenly, somebody opens the door and grabs him. I panic. "Lumine!" I scream. 'I don't care about anything that happens to me right now. I have to help him. No matter what happens to me.'

I open the door and run out over, getting ready to fight.

________________________________
(Cliffhanger)
Thanks for reading.