Chapter V

Kody's P.O.V.

*beep, beep, beep*

I hear the sound of my alarm clock. 'Oh god, I should turn this off before dad hears it and—'

"Good morning son...and, uh...Lumine?" He looked surprised. I blushed a little at what he was thinking, but pushed it aside.

"He feel asleep while we were playing video games last night." I simply stated. He looked a little more relieved, thankfully. Suddenly, I feel someone's hands wrap around my waist. I turn red. "Lumine, Wake Up!!"

"Ahh, Kody!?! W-Why are you doing here?!?" He panicked. He immediately let go of me and sat up. Dad looked at him.

"Uhh, you were the one who fell asleep in here, remember?" He scratched his head, "Oh, yea. Sorry."

I sigh. "It's fine, but you should go into your room to get ready for school." He got up and walked out of the room. "Sorry, see you in a bit."

"Ok dad, you can leave now." I say as he walks out and shuts the door. I quickly get dressed and we're out the door by 8:00.

"Ok Lumine, school starts at 8:30, so we have to get to the bus stop. You have your bus card right?" He quickly looks into his pockets until he finds the card. "Got it," he chirps.

We arrive at the bus stop when the bus was just about to leave. I grab Lumine and run to the bus. I hold up the bus card and they open the bus doors. We quickly get on the bus and it starts moving. "Oh thank god, we made it." I let out."

"Yeah."

Once we reach our stop, Lumine looks happy as we walk onto the school ground. I try to make a small smile, but no.

"Hey Kody." I turn around to see Calla; a friend of mine. She's a year older than me though. P"Oh hey Calla. What's new?" I say. She looks over at Lumine, who's looking kinda shy.

"Who's this Kody?" She asks me, looking at Lumine. "Oh, that's Lumine. He lives with me and dad." She looked shocked, but she put her hand out to Lumine; who shakes it.

"I'm Calla, nice to meet you." Lumine smiled warmly. We talked for a bit until we heard the first bell. "Ok see you at recess." I wave to Calla as she walks to her class.

"Ok Lumine, your in the same class as me, so we'd better get going." I sit down on a ledge while I watch the sun crest the in-line of trees.

"Y-Yeah." He says smiling. I get up and walk into the school.

'Huh, our lockers are right next to each other. Huh...(Because I said so)' We pay no attention to each other and put our stuff in our lockers. I walk into the classroom and Lumine follows.

I watch as he excitedly looked around and fiddles around with his pencils. He looks co     cu— (I'm still shipping them, wait till chapter 20ish for more).

Lumine's P.O.V.

'I'm excited, I've always liked going to school, but I can finally go where nobody knows of my secret. Wait, is Kody starring at me?!?' I blush slightly. I think he noticed as he looked away.

I waited for the teacher to come in...

(Recess)

We all heard the recess bell ring, and we all ran out like it was a fire drill. I walked outside and somehow found myself tripping. Someone put out their hand and I grab on.

I look at the person. He has orangish hair with a hoodie. "T-Thank you." I say to him.

"No problem. I'm Elijah."

"L-Lumine." I stutter. I kinda still felt embarrassed for falling in the middle of the hall.

"Lumine, huh? Well, see you around." He says as he walks away. I go outside to find Kody leaning against the wall of the school. I walk up to him.

"Hey, why aren't you with your friends?" He looks up from his phone at me.

"I am now. Also I don't really have too many friends." I laugh a little. "That's cute, but also depressing..." I stop for a second. "Oh well..."

I hear the bell ring, signaling class is about to start. We both walk back to class.

(After School)

I look over at Kody as we walk to the bus stop to go home. He seems to be holding his arm or something. I ignore it, trying to give him some space.

As we get onto the bus, I notice a small bit of...blood? Coming from his arm. He sees me looking at it and immediately hides it. I look at him. "Kody, what happened to your arm?" He ignores me. "Kody! What happened." He turns to me.

"I-I was attacked..."
________________________________
Hope you liked the story. Plz leave a vote and comment. C-ya next time.