Chapter VII

(The Next Day (Tuesday))
________________________________
7:00 A.M.
________________________________

Lumine's P.O.V.

I wake up the sound of my alarm and I go downstairs. I suspect Kody was still sleeping so I decide to make breakfast. I go to the kitchen to see Kody already making breakfast. "Oh, good morning Kody." He turns around and lightly smiles. "Hey Lumine. I made french toast. Dig in."

I sit up to a my plate and start to eat. The toast was really good. I quickly finished my plate and went to go get dressed.

(At School; Recess)

I was sitting at the bench outside with Elijah. We have been there talking for a little while. I look over Elijah's shoulder—wait, is that...K-Kody?

"One sec," I excuse myself and walk over to Kody.

He was pinned agents the wall, bleeding from the mouth. "Haha, what's wrong mutt, why don't you transform." The person said. Sadly, I couldn't see the persons face though.

"Uhh, y-you seem to be b-bullying my friend." He looked at me and let go of Kody, which he fell to the floor. The person had got away; probably knowing I'm a witch. 'If he knew the truth, I would definitely not be standing right now.' I grabbed Kody and helped him up.

I wiped the blood from his mouth. "T-Thank y-you Lumine." He just barely gets out. "We should go home, your dad really should—"

"No! I told you, I'm not telling you dad anything. I-I'll be fine." He says as the bell rings. We both walk back into class.

'I kinda feel bad for him and all of this happening. But I guess it's his choice.' I decide  to take the long way to class. As I walk, I think about everything that has happened over the past few weeks. I open the door before the bell finally rings and I take a seat.

Kody's P.O.V.

I watch as Lumine just enters the room right before the bell rings. I begin to notice that everyone's looking to me. They must've noticed the blood around my mouth and face. The teacher walked up to me with a serious face. "Kody, what happened, are you ok?" She asked nicely. I shook my head. I know I said I was fine earlier, but I can't take it anymore. "C-Can I go to the nurse?" She nods and writes me a pass.

I take the pass from her hands and walk out the room. I slowly walk to the nurses office. I slowly open the door, witch immediately gets her attention. The nurse quickly cleans up the blood off of me and calls my dad. 'Great, the one thing I didn't want.' She soon sets the phone down on the table and walks up to me. "Ok mister, you dad is on his way. Please sit down until he arrives."

I lay down on one of the beds. I take out my phone and text Lumine that I'm going home. I begin to scrape the dried blood off of my cheek and face, and I go on the internet.

"Kody..." I look up. "Your dads here." I quickly get up and walk out of the room. As I walk down the hall I peer into my classroom to see Lumine smiling at me. I wave slowly back at him.

I grab my backpack from my locker and head to the front door. I see the car and walk up to it. I open the back door and sit down, setting my bag beside me. "Thanks dad, I'm sorry I had to leave early."

"It's fine..." I female voice said. "Oh and I'm not sour dad. Get 'em." I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my neck. And everything goes black.

(3:02 P.M.)

Lumine's P.O.V.

The final bell just rang and emcee all rush out of class. I go to my locker and grab my things. I also grab the homework for Kody.

As I walk next to the main office, I see Aiden. He seems to be frustrated, a trait he usually never has. I open the door to hear what he is saying.

"I'm his father, I keep telling you that." He tells the secretary, he seems to be getting angry.

"An like I keep telling you, his dad picked him up over an hour ago..." I don't know what is happening but I start to feel concerned.

"A-Aiden, what are you doing here?!?" I question. He looks at me concerned. "I think Kody was kidnapped." I feel a wave of fear slowly coming up my back, remembering the last words of my father. 'Your a disgrace! Wherever you go, I'll make sure you never have a good life.'

"Aiden, I think I know what happened. I'll tell you once we get home."

"O-Ok, Lumine." We both rush out of the office and make our way to the car. The whole ride, there is total silence.

________________________________

Thanks for reading my book. If you looking for more, please read by other book Lumine: A Story Of Two Friends. Please vote and leave a comment if you have ideas to further better the story (I will usually respond within 2-4 hours). Thank you all. C-ya next time.