Chapter 4.

3 months later...

Jake now had a boyfriend and he thought he should tell his mom, maybe she'd be ok now. Jake's mom had tried to contact him recently but he ignored her as he was still really angry with her, she made him feel so invalid, like who he was, wasn't who he actually was. Even though Jake was still upset, he decided to introduce his boyfriend to his mom. He thought that maybe now she's had some time to think, she might just accept him for who he is.

Jake walked up to his front door with his boyfriend Scott and knocked 4 times. Karen opened the door happy to see Jake but she wondered why it took him this long to get over it.

"Oh my god, Jake come in! So, you better now? Your out of that phase? Who's this?" Asked Karen.

"What?! Out of that phase? Are you kidding me right now mom?? This is not something where I 'get better'. This, this is Scott. He's my fucking boyfriend." Jake angrily explained feeling hurt. Jake told Scott he was sorry about his mom and that he should go. Scott understood and left.

"Mom, I told you this IS NOT a phase! I'm bisexual. I have a boyfriend and you still don't believe me?" Jake asked his mom.

"Honey, it's not that I don't believe you. It's just that I think you're lying to yourself. If you're gay you can just admit it. I'll get over it eventually." 

Jake couldn't believe she saying these things. He wondered if she had any idea how much this was hurting.

"Look. I'm bi and it's a real fucking thing. I'm leaving, ok?" Jake told his mom.

"Why? It's ok if you're gay, just tell me and I'll eventually get over it and forgive you."

"Why? Listen to you 'forgive you' like I've done something wrong. I'm going because I don't need you telling me my own sexuality, You make me feel like crap with everything you say, you don't accept me for who I am, You think I'm in denial, I could go on. I'm gonna make this clear..  I am leaving. And I'm fucking not coming back." Explained Jake as he walked out the door with tears running from his eyes. 

And then he ran. He didn't know where he was running but he just ran.