Chapter 9.

A few hours later Rosa and her mom were sitting in the break room at the precinct as Rosa's mom was explaining that she loves her daughter no matter what.

"So, how come you suddenly realised that this doesn't change anything?" Asked Rosa

"Well, it was actually Jake who talked some sense into me, he told me about how when he was younger and he told his mom he was bi and she kicked him out. He said that she tried to reach out to him again and he doesn't want to see her because of how awfully she treated him and it made me think that just because you're bisexual, it doesn't mean that I love you any less and I didn't want us to drift apart." Explained Rosa's mom.

"Wait, Jake said that? Huh, I knew it. Mom, I'll be back in a sec I gotta go talk to Jake." Said Rosa.

Rosa walked over to Jake who was sitting at his desk pretending like he wasn't trying to read Rosa and her mom's lips while they were in the break room.

"Jake, can talk to you in private for a sec?" Rosa asked.

"Sure."

Jake got up and they walked over to the evidence lock up. 

"I think I know what this is about." Said Jake.

"You do?" Asked Rosa, confused.

"Yeah, um, I'm guessing this is about how I kinda came out to your mom earlier. Yeah, I figured she'd tell you. The reason I never told anyone is because I'd had such a bad experience growing up, and I was scared things were going to change." Explained Jake.

"Oh ok, Yeah I totally understand that but how come you never even told me after I came out?" Asked Rosa curious.

"Well, you might think this is stupid, but it's because when I told my mom, Gina had come out as bi about a year before me and and my mom thought I was copying her because I thought it was trendy or cool. and I just didn't want anyone to think I was copying you."

"Ohh, well, obviously you don't have to tell anyone but if you did decide to, I'd 100% be by you're side." Said Rosa.

"Thanks Rosa. That means a lot. And hey maybe I will." Said Jake, feeling a little more of the weight being lifted off his shoulders.

"No problem. Oh and by the way, I've known the whole time." Rosa told Jake as she started to walk out of the evidence lock up.

"YOU DID??!"