|| Everything will be alright

Everly's POV~

“Why didn't you tell me before?”

I yelled at my advisor cum friend.
The first thing I did after coming back to my home or should I say my friend's apartment, kick my shoes and give a phone call to my friend Matt.

“What should I have told you before? That you are going to spend few months in there or you are going to face Mr. Carter Wilson “your jerk ex”?” He said in a playful voice.

I clenched my fist hard. Do my best to try not enter the phone and hit my friend hard.

“Both” I gritted out of my teeth.

“What difference it would have make anyway? You are not stuck in the past right? Remember you have 'moved on' already”

He used my words on me, specially emphasizing on moved on. Please remind me god why I am still friend with him?

“When are you going to come here? Because as I can see I am trapped here for six months or something like”

“I am sorry flower, but you know this is business and it's important”

“I hate you” I hissed

“I love you too flower” I can hear his smile.

After freshing up I stood up near the glass window of my living room looking outside to the rain, lighting, thundering.

Once I was fond of this season. All the bad memories used to washed away with drops of rain. But now it brings painful, heart broken memories with it. The day when I left this city, the day when I left my family behind, the day I left him.

I was in deep thought and didn't notice my front door opened and my best friend and senior app developer of my company and my roommate came inside.

“Hey” I turned around to my smiling best friend Mia.

“Hey” I hugged her.

“How are you?”

I sighed “Matt told you?”

“Yeah... I actually kinda figure out, when he told me about the meeting”

“So you knew. Why didn't you tell me?”

“What difference it would make Eve” she said calling me by nickname.

“I knew you would have faced him anyway because how serious you were about this deal”

“Of course I would be. I made my business from a scratch. If you and Matt were not been there for me that time I don't know what have I done”

“You are forgetting about one person”

“Who?” I frown.

“Your well-wisher” she wiggled her eyebrows playfully

“Shut up you know he is getting married”

“My bad” she put her hand on chest and pretend to hurt “I wish to bang him once” said all with dreamy eyes.

“You would never change” I threw a cushion to her, but she caught it.

“Of course not you know hot guys are my weakness, and he is a walking hotness” she winked

“Speaking of hot guys, where is our little hottie?”

“Oh he is downstairs at lobby hiding and enjoying his cookies”

“You are too much strict towards him”

“Someone has to be. If it's on you, you will start granting wishes for him like a genie”

“And he would have loved it and wished for lots of cookies”

“That's because it's the only weakness he has. He becomes so naughty I don't know of whom he has taken after?”

“You know to whom. He is the spitting image of him”

“And that's my biggest fear” She sighed. I put my hand on her shoulder comforting her.

“Everything will be all right”

©©©©

Please do vote and comments
Srish 💕