|| Reunion

Everly's POV~

“Hey” Mia waved to Evan and Matt as soon as we entered the campus.

“I have some work in administration. I'll meet you in class.” Evan walked away as soon as we reached.

I was staring at his back. He seemed off since he came to know about me and Carter. Was this so wrong to hide this from friend that he can't even be happy for me?

“He is upset you know that you hid about yourself.” Matt said after he left.

“But I said sorry and it wasn't intentional. You are not angry. Mia is not angry. Then why only he?” I turned facing Matt and Mia.

“It's different for him Eve. He likes you since school. I know you don't reciprocate his feelings but at least respect it.” Matt also walked away.

“Is my affection towards Carter so wrong that I am on a stage of loosing my friends?” My eyes welled up tears. I tried hard to stop the mystery, bite my inner cheek hard to block those traitors but still a single tear rolled down my cheek.

“Hey it's ok. They will eventually come around. You know they love you right.” Mia gave me a side hug.

“Yeah, now I know” I wiped my tears, and we went to our classes.

We sat to our regular seat and waited for Matt and Evan to come and sit behind. Maybe I can again apologize to him?

When he entered I looked towards them and smiled at him, but he quickly looked away. He passed our bench but didn't take his regular seat. He sat three benches away from us.

What did I do so wrong to deserve cold shoulder from my best friend?

This time I didn't try to stop my tears, and they came out like an autopilot mode unknowingly. I quickly gathered my things and ran out of the class.

“Eve wait... Both of you are jerk. What did she do to you even to deserve this coldness from her own friends? You should be happy for her. Disgusting”.

Mia yelled at them and came behind me. I ran to the campus ground and looked for a quiet place to hide me tears. I didn't want to look pity.

“What happened Era?”

Hearing that baritone voice I stiffened. I was expecting Mia but now Carter was here. What am I going to tell him?

“Nothing” I quickly wiped my tears turning my body a little in attempt to try my tears.

He turned me towards him, slowly took my face in his hand, wiped my tear stained face from his handkerchief and pulled me into his embrace.

How could be someone so gentle? For the first time after my father's demise in life I felt a shelter above me.

“I won't interfere between you and your friend but if you need me, I am always here. You know that right?” He asked gently kissing me on the forehead.

I simply nodded and gave him a smile of assurance that I can handle this, and I am grateful to him for his support.

I made a decision that if my friends are not going to speak clearly about their problems with my and Carter's relationship. I am also going not going to apologize for my decision without knowing my mistake.

Does this mean it's the end of our long time school friendship?

After speaking with Carter's few minutes I felt much better. So I looked for Mia and found her in the canteen lost in her own world.

“Hey what are thinking about so deeply?” I asked taking a seat beside her.

She didn't answer. Matter must be serious then. I shook her from the shoulder.

“Earth to Miss Mia” She finally broke out from her thoughts and noticed me.

“Oh you are here. Are you fine now? Previous I thought to go behind you, and I was practically running but then Carter noticed you and stopped me in midway saying he will handle it.”

“You don't need to give me any explanation. I know you care about me.” I gave her a smile.

“I just don't want you to feel left out because of both jerk.”

“They are right on their own Mia. If they don't want to be friends with me anymore, I have to respect their decision. You can't force someone's feeling.”

“Yeah you are probably right. But always know this whatever happens I am always with you.”

“What if I am the wrong.” I asked out of curiosity.

“You can't hurt anyone intentionally. I know if you have to do something wrong that means you are left with no other choice.”

She squeezed my hand, and I was so moved by her words I hugged her tightly. A lonely tear rolled out of my eyes, but I was happy. At least, I got someone.

When one has a caring boyfriend like Carter and generous, loyal friend like Mia how can someone be alone.

All I have to do is to wait for my friend and give them their space. I am not angry with them. So once they will want me back in their life I'll welcome them with open arms. I love them so much to risk loosing hope.

It didn't take so long to my friends to forgive me. When we were heading home Evan and Matt called us.

“Hey girls wait for us.” They came running towards us.

We didn't say anything just keep staring at them.

“Why are you looking at us like this? We didn't do anything wrong. It was you hide things and broke the number one rule of our gang.” Matt said in hoarse voice trying to catch up his breath.

I looked towards Evan and raised my eyebrows like was asking if he is ready to talk now?

“What? You broke my heart Eve. At least give me some time to recover.” He shrugged like this is all my fault.

“Must you be a jerk? You could have asked for an explanation.” I couldn't help myself and asked.

“There are no explanation for love Eve. When will you learn there is no logic in love?” He said looking into my eyes.

“There is always an explanation for your deed whether it's love or hate.” I said sternly.

He just shook his head and grabbed me by the shoulder. Mia and Matt trolled behind us. Within a minute we were back to normal. Teasing, laughing, sharing like we always do on the way to home. I love my life and I love these three stupids of my life.

Do you love Carter also?

My subconscious mind asked me and I quickly Sush her. How can I love someone within a two days period. I need to know him first right. It's a logical thinking.

©©©©

Please do votes and comments
Srish 💕