|| Kidnapped

Carter's POV~

Tour of the mall was good. Everly agreed to work on that project. I was hoping for negative answer from her. And if it would be I couldn't do anything about that. I mean if it would be someone else I would have spent a healthy and enjoyable time in convincing my client but this is her....Everly Lloyd.

We are heading back to my office where she has left her car. It's the same atmosphere inside the car as it was on the way to mall. Awkward silence. This time I don't want to fill it with our useless conversation. I mean it was clear that we were just trying to fill the silence but at the same time we wanted to tease, taunt, blame eachother. Then what's the point having unnecessary chitchat. The long silent drive is much better.

We were inhalf way from our destination when I noticed a fallen tree on road. What the heck?? Where did that come from? It wasn't here on the way back then.

"What are we going to do now?" Everly said looking at the road. I stopped the car and came out.

"Should we call for help?" Ohh this woman. Can't she shut up for few minutes.

"This a remote area Miss Lloyd. But don't worry I know another way. That is one kilometre back from here but that's pass through forest zone that comes under reserved land."

"So what are we waiting for let's go" she turned around and sit inside the car. I silently followed her. It not like we are going to be lunch of a wild animal. Of course it's a reserved area of forest department but in middle of city.

We were crossing the forest but this was not completely non-human zone. There were small resturants on side of roads. So people use this route also. I felt a strange relief but unable to fathom the source. I don't know it's for her safety or it's just my usual caring attributes.

Suddenly two persons appears on road and wave their hands for lift. If they both have been man I would have ignored but one of them is a woman. And coming closer I noticed a dump car besides the road releasing smokes from its engine. Before I can ask Everly said her opinion loud.

"I think we should help them"

Of course she wants to help. And why not she is fucking kind Everly Lloyd. She is always kind and generous to everyone except me. I know whatever differences we have she won't be changed to others.

I pulled over to side of road and came out. Everly followed behind. What's her problem? Why can't she stay inside? May be they are dangerous. Anything can happen. I sigh defeated shaking my head and now I am being paranoid about her safety.

"You want lift?" I asked to the guy.

"Yeah we were heading to city but our car suddenly brokedown"

"No problem hop in"

All four of us was inside the car when I noticed another man inside their car.

"He can come along with us" I offered.

"No he stays. We will come back with help"

As much as I found it strange, it none of my business what they do or decide. I started the car and drove away silently but certainly Everly has some other plan.

"So where are you guys from?" She asked.

"This is our native place" the woman answered in short and in stern voice. She doesn't seem much talkative type. I hope Everly also gets the signal but a man can only hope. Clearly she didn't get the memo.

"So you guys are girlfriend boyfriend?" What's with her? She always jumps into a personal topic even with strangers.

"Yes we are" This time the man answered. I think they are going to answer or I should say handle Everly alternatively.

"And who was that in car with you? Was he your friend or brother?" I just shook my head. Her questions are seriously annoyingly personal.

"My brother" Woman answered. I was correct about alternative.

"So what do you do for living?" She isn't going to stop.

"Miss Lloyd I think it's enough question for first meeting a stranger" I said trying to reason her.

"What? If we won't talk how would we come over the stranger part"

"You don't need to. It's just half hour drive to city"

"But half hour is boring. And we are like a host of them as we have offered them lift"

"But I think they will appreciate a good silence much more than personal questions from some stranger"

"And exactly that I am intended to change, stranger part."

She avoids me and starts annoying them with her questions. But suddenly something reflect from rear-view mirror and when I was setting that I caught small glimpse of metal on the hand of man. He was hiding something inside his jacket. When I look closely my hands starts shaking and a thin layer of sweat settle down in my forehead.

"Are you alright Mr. Wilson?" Everly asked. And I looked at her. If this lady doesn't stop talking now they will shut her up for lifetime. No no no they can't hurt her for being a chatter box.

"I think I am annoyed by your continuous talk Miss Lloyd. It's time you should stop talking" I should have listened to my instinct.

"How rude Mr. Wilson. I am not talking to you. Why do you care?" Ohh god this foolish woman. I was not wrong in past when I used to say she will be death of me one day.

"I think you should check rear-view mirror Miss Lloyd" I wiggle my eyebrows indicating her to see what I just saw.

"Why my make up is perfectly fine and if I need to check that I have a small mirror in my hand bag."

"But the rear-view mirror will be much better. It's bigger than your handy mirror, I am sure"

"I don't need your bigger mirror. Mine is satisfactory, see yourself" she took out hers from bag.

"But I insist you to please look for once" I nudged her towards mirror.

"Don't touch me" she jumped away from me and in attempt her mirror fell backside.

"Ohh my mirror. I am so sorry guys" she bent backside and tried to find it. Before I can stop her she hit her head in the only thing which I was trying to show her desperately through rearview mirror.

"Ahh... What's that. It's so hard" she asked to man rubbing the spot where she hit it.

Before I say anything the man pulled out pistol and pointed it to her.

"Enough from last fifteen minutes we are tolerating your nonsense. Just shut the hell up now. No more words." The man shouted at Everly.

"Hey..  don't you dare to talk to her like this" Suddenly I became angry. No one speaks to her in this way not infront of me.

"Ohh shut up you fool. How do you handle her anyway. She talks nonsense man" the woman said this time. She was right though. Most of the time Everly talks nonsense specially when she is on edge.

"Just drive I'll give you the direction" the man said. I don't have any option so I silently obeyed. When I looked at Everly she seems frightened. I quitely took her hand in my and gave it a light squeeze.

She looked at me and smile slowly. For a moment her eyes showed familiar emotion of believe. Like she was saying she trust me with herself.

*****
Please do votes and comments
Srish 💕