Falling

Most people don't meet their soulmates. Quinn knew this because her parents marriage had failed tremendously. They had two beautiful daughters. One born with long, blonde hair that cascated down her shoulders and back, gorgeous green eyes and a small figure that many a man would one day surely appreciate. And one that had to work and pay to get it.

Quinn knew her dad had multiple affairs. She'd found the app on her dad's phone when she was 15. Her dad had scolded her, threatened her not to tell her mother or else. Quinn also knew he was probably still having one. And she wished she didn't care, but she did.

Quinn knew her mom drank to feel the pain slip away. What caused her so much pain, she didn't know. Maybe it was dad's affairs. Maybe it was her grandmother's death. Maybe it was the death of her own family. But it was like clockwork. Every day, twelve o'clock sharp, her mom poured herself a glass of red wine. 

Quinn knew Rachel was her soulmate. If it wasn't clear before, it was now. Her kiss with Rachel gave her everything she never had. Comfort, passion, love. Rachel's hands had fit so perfectly on the sides of her face. She wondered how they'd fit intertwined with her own. She missed the feeling of the brunette's lips on her own. So much so that she couldn't resist licking her lips every two minutes, wishing they had returned.

Her bed was getting colder by the second but Quinn didn't want to get out. A random romantic comedy she didn't even remember the name of was playing on the TV but it was long forgotton. Her phone was laying by her side, the screen still black. Her eyes stayed focused. The blonde was waiting for Rachel to call, or at least text back. It had been two days of completely silence. Then her screen lit up. Quinn picked up her phone in record time.

Kurt: Are you still moping?

9:12 PM

Quinn sat up right in bed. She was a fool for thinking Kurt would let her sulk in peace.

Me: Maybe. 

9:13 PM

-

Kurt: It'll be fine. Faberry is endgame in all universes.

9:13 PM

Kurt didn't know they kissed. Quinn purposely didn't tell him that to avoid any unnecessary drama. She decided to just tell him that Rachel showed her she was uninterested. Not that it was a lie. The blonde's screen lit up and the familiar sound of her ringtone filled her ears. her reflexes immediately shot into gear. 

Incoming call from Kurt Hummel

Her shoulders slumped. Fuck.

"Hey, sunshine." The voice on the other line said happily. Quinn couldn't quite appreciate it.

"Hello, Kurt. Thanks for gracing me with your presence on this lovely evening."

"You're very welcome... although I'm not actually with you right now. I wish I was, though. So I could give you a proper hug."

She smiles unwillingly at his words. She just wanted Rachel here right now, with her, making her smile. Instead, Kurt was on the phone with her, probabl against his will since he had mentioned to her earlier that he had actually planned a night out with his dad.

 "You know, you don't have to stay on the phone with me. I'll be good."   Quinn's voice turned low, her silent insecurities dripping right through.

"I actually wanted to invite you to hang out with us."

"Us?"

"Me and 'Cedes. My dad had an important meeting so I called Mercedes, asked if we could go to a party or something? Of course, she was immediately in. And then I decided it would be a good idea for you to come with us, instead of sitting in your bed eating old chips and watching a lame rom-com on Netflix."