introduction

"Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic."
— Oscar Wilde

P R E L U D E

When has it ever been in the will of a heart to admit to the things that frighten us most? To yield to the burning flames pushing, reaching into our hearts. To bow and accept the humiliations and horrendous fears clawing to get out.

Our hearts are filled with broken shards of glass that glint in the silvery moonlight, reflections shattered. We piece the broken glass back together, yet wilted flowers do not grow again and the shattered smithereens are not so easily pieced together. They are already a special kind of broken and the flames of their hearts had already been extinguished. The flowers are simply dead.

For William Brown and Lucien Harding, reaching into those burning flames-their hearts well on their way to becoming wilted flowers, ash and embers and broken glass-seems impossible.

Of course, until it isn't.

———

AN: Yes, I used the name William again. Sue me. Anyways, this story is set in England, somewhere between the 1970 and 1980. Hopefully, this story is long, and I'm planning to have this be a slow burn—slow burn in that they won't admit to their actual feelings for awhile.

I hope you guys like this story! I'm genuinely so so so excited for it.

-Mg