11. choking

e l e v e n
"Adsum." - Latin Language

CHOKING [ ON A CARROT ]

---

The library was unnaturally quiet today, void for the occasional yell everyone would be able to hear from Lucien and William's table. Everyone grew to learn to ignore it.

Roy was alone in the corner. He knew he should've left Henry alone-should've simply minded his own business and not interfered with his problems in wooing Louis. Henry, being the adorable awkward person he was, was more than capable of getting Louis to like him; he'd done it with Roy himself. He liked Henry Clover. Alas, he couldn't help himself in coming here-in convincing Henry to come here as well.

It was Monday, which meant today he and Henry were supposed to meet in the library. Roy sat in the corner of the large library alone, surrounded by tall dusty shelves of untouched books. No one ever came into this area of the library, which was the exact reason Roy liked it so much. It was peaceful, sitting alone in a room full of books.

He'd told Henry where exactly to meet him, so he should be arriving any minute, really. For some unGodly reason, Roy's palms were sweating. He was nervous, he realized, then let out a quiet, amused laugh.

He was nervous to meet up with the red head. Taking a deep breath, he leaned further into his chair and waited. He sat there, waiting. And then, he waited some more. And more. And more. Time slowly wore on, yet Henry Clover did not arrive, and Roy was left alone in his tiny corner of the library.

Maybe its's for the best, Roy thought, rising from his seat in the corner and slinging his bag over his shoulder. Maybe I shouldn't ruin his life, too.

He was known for that sort of thing.

---

Wednesday night, William watched with an amused smile as Elijah attempted to save Ashton Walters from choking on a carrot in the dining hall. Laughter flitted around them, the students around them unaware of the "dying" child seated next to them.

Ashton had choked on his laugh, then doubled over sucking in breaths in an attempt to breathe. William had merely told a joke; he hadn't thought it'd been that funny.

Elijah was laughing as he started to place his arms around Aston's waist to stop him from choking, though Ashton merely put his hands in the air as he sucked in another large breath, his throat making the weirdest sound William had ever heard in his entire life.

William laughed, as did Henry and the few boys sitting next to them. It was funny.

"What the bloody hell was that noise?" Henry burst out, clutching his stomach.

Elijah leaned forward laughing as well, clutching his own stomach as his forehead rested against the wooden table.

Ashton took another gasp of air, then burst out, "I almost fucking died, you dickwads."

"You sounded like a dying walrus," Elijah said, in between gasping laughs.

Henry couldn't stop laughing. "I can't breathe-"

Ashton looked helplessly at William, who quietly sat there with an amused smile.

William shrugged. "Sorry, mate. You did sound like a dying walrus."