19. silent amends

n i n e t e e n
"Audentes fortuna iuvat." - Virgil

SILENT AMENDS

---

It was rather safe to say that things had escalated after the past hour or so. Owen's prick self had gotten bored of actually behaving it seemed, William thought.

They were all currently working on the second page of the packet, however, it seemed Owen had something to say.

"You're a fucking idiot, Brown. I mean, really, how are you this daft?"

William kept his response simple and cute. "Die."

Owen bristled, crossed his arms and then spoke again. "How'd you even get into this school, honestly? Obviously not by your smarts."

William simply ignored him.

"You're not the rich type either," he continued. "Probably slept with one of the Professors."

William almost choked on his laugh that thought alone was so funny. Where the hell had he even gotten that idea?

"Leave him alone, Owen," Roy drawled, flipping his silver pen in between his hands as he stared at his own empty packet. "Mind your fucking business."

"Hey!" Cyrus said, rather unnecessarily and intrusively. "You have no right talking to a prefect like that, arsehole! Fuckin' murderer."

William felt his eyes widen, could mentally feel Roy tense up and eyes slit upwards into a menacing glare, which was directed at the other prefect-or dickhead, rather-Cyrus.

"I'm going to give you one chance to take it back, Cyrus," Roy began, voice unsettlingly calm. "To apologize." He slid his paper and pen onto the museum's plastic podium, which stood before the exhibit they were currently looking at. "Now."

"For what?" Cyrus's laugh was mocking. "Telling the bloody truth?"

"Oh, drop it, Roy," Owen said. "Don't make me bring this up to the Professors. You don't want that, do you?"

"Owen," William said.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Ten seconds," Roy said, taking a step forward.

Cyrus' eyes widened, and he stumbled a step backwards, yet still, he remained silent.

"Five."

"I'm not apologizing," Cyrus said. "What are you going to do? Throw a punch in the middle of the museum? You'll get kicked out, suspended from school probably."

"Cyrus, does it look like I care?"

He paled, his ivory skin blanching of all color.

"Two seconds," Roy reminded him. He took another threatening step forward. "A simple, sincere apology will suffice, Cyrus."

"Gentlemen!"

All four boys' heads turned to face the familiar voice of their physics professor, Professor Kim. Her eyes were narrowed, heels clicking loudly against the marble floor as she neared.