Chapter 11 Together Forever

"You know what to do but it's your choice. Just remember the outcome depends entirely on the demon."

"Understood. I'll give it a shot." Kumiko sat up on one of the sakura trees to meditate. She then accessed Susamaru's aura record to put her teachings into practice. "First Step. Locate the ideal human memory." She recited looking at Susamaru's human memories. All of them depicted her as the town outcast who only wanted a playmate. Kumiko picked the memory of her transformation.

"Second Step. Find a memory with Muzan in it."  It wasn't hard to find a memory of Muzan. 

"Third Step. Merge the memories, reshape it and override the original." Kumiko combined the two memories, reshaped it in a way to antagonize Muzan and override the original memory of Susamaru's aura record. Kumiko ran back to rejoin the battle with Susamaru. Coming out of the sea of sakura, she found Nezuko and Susamaru furiously kicking a Temari back and forth. Behind Nezuko, Tamayo was tending to an injured Tanjiro. Yushiro hovered over Tamayo glaring daggers at Tanjiro. A powerful kick from Nezuko sent the Temari flying too fast pass Susamaru. Seizing the opportunity, Kumiko accessed the forged memory for the final step. The loneliness from the memory made her aura turn gray. 

Aura Breathing Fourth Form Spirit Breaker 10%. The gray veil enveloped Susamaru and manifested the memory in front of her eyes.

"Why won't anyone play with me?" Susamaru cried when Kibutsuji appeared in front of her.

"If you want a playmate, then become a demon and serve me. I will play with you whenever you want." He held out his hand. 'As if I'd ever be this little brat's playmate.' He thought. 'Not on my immortal life.' Susamaru wasn't aware of his thoughts and accepted the offer.

"So, when is that playdate?" Kumiko asks. "You've served him for seven years. That should garter at least one playdate by now. It's like he said. He had no intention of playing with you." Susamaru quivered at her words. "How about we fix that?" Kumiko sheathed her sword. "I'll play with you."

Susamaru's eyes sparkled. Breaking into a fit of giggles, she kicked her Temari minding her demon strength so Kumiko could kick it back without injury. A soccer game broke out between the two. Nezuko and Tanjiro who set aside his broken ribs joined in.

"Oi, sunrise is drawing near." Yushiro pointed to horizon where dawn's light illuminated the night sky in light blue. "You had your fun. We better get inside. You," he pointed to Susamaru, "burn there's no point in running away." 

Kumiko smacked him then turned to Susamaru. "Susamaru come with us. Muzan had no intention of being your playmate. He manipulated you into becoming a demon. He doesn't deserve your loyalty. I promise to be your playmate. What do you say?" She extended her hand out. Susamaru smiled widely. Before she could shake on it, she groaned clutching her abdomen.

"H-He knows!" She exclaimed. A fearful aura emitted off of her as she began to tear up. Her eyes turned blood red. Her body pulsed red as veins popped out. Kumiko was about to step in to help but Tamayo stopped her.

"It's the curse." She said. Kumiko grimaced. There is no stopping the curse once triggered.

Everyone gasped as three arms burst out of Susamaru. One from her mouth and two from her stomach. Tamayo pushed Kumiko's face against her chest and looked away herself. Tanjiro did the same with Nezuko but neither he nor Yushiro could look away. The crunching of Susamaru being torn apart stung Kumiko's nerves. Her arms flew to her ears to muffle if not block out the noise. After what seemed like hours, the sounds subsided. All that was left was Susamaru's bloodied kimono, an arm, and an eye.