𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"raheem epps?" i heard making me turn around

"yeah?" i looked at the cop in front of me

"i have a few quick questions to ask you are you okay with that?"

"y-yeah" i wiped down the counter

since i was the one closing tonight i was the only one here.

"where were you the night of January 13th from 8:45pm to 9:30pm?"

"with my girlfriend" i lied

i knew if he had evidence against me my life would be over but if he didn't then im good.

"and you were with her the whole time?

"yeah" i nodded

"okay"

"can you tell me why you questioned me?"

"we're just ruling out suspects in the recent robberies around the neighborhood"

"oh"

"you have a nice night, stay out of trouble" he pointed leaving

i released the breath i had been holding in.

—————

"wassup you good?" bug asked me

"yeah im straight ri here?"

"in her room"

i walked to ri's room opening her door

"hey you okay?"

"i need a favor" i rubbed my neck

"what did you do?" she looked at me

"i can't get into that right now but look of the cops ask you where i was on the 13th just say i was with you"

"you need to stop this"

"ri i can't stop i got people to take care of" i said

"so you rob people?!"

"you really think my job finna just cover everything?"

i had helped my grandparents pay bills, my pawpaw's hospital bills from two years ago still needed to be paid, i had to help pay off my moms lawyer. i had shit to take of i didn't do this for myself i did this because it was the only thing i knew. this is how the lights stayed on or my car stayed working or how my mom could still fight her case.

"them lil ass Mcdonald's paychecks ain't gone cover everything and you know it" i mugged

she didn't understand because her people made sure she was straight she still had both her parents i lost mines a long time ago. even though her people did and still do the same things i do they hid it from her i didn't i needed someone in my corner at all times.

"you have your whole life to think of you really gone dump that shit down the drain these streets?"

"they don't love you yo blood can be spilled on they pavement and they won't give a fuck because it's plenty more lil niggas who could fill yo position" she ranted on

i knew everything she said hasn't been something anyone else has said to me but ain't no way out i'd rather be dead than be a pussy and back out when shit hit the fan i brought this upon myself. and if only i knew who much i'd be risking and how many lives that would be effected by my choices.

"so you gon it or not?"

"you just completely disregarded what i said" she mugged me

"ri i heard you loud and clear ight i quit" i threw my hands up

i was getting annoyed with hearing the same shit over and over again i knew my risks and i didn't give a fuck. i stopped caring about myself a long time ago. sometimes i wish i overdosed that night as selfish as it might sound i didn't have any will to be alive.

"whatever get out my face" she waved me off

"so you gon do it?"

"yes Raheem damn!" she snapped

i smiled slightly pecking her lips

"love you"

"mmh love you too" she said rolling her eyes

i walked out her house making my way home sighing

"fuck!" i slapped the steering wheel rubbing my temples

i felt trapped in my own mind. i felt like there was no escape like it was an endless cycle of me fighting with myself. i wanted out, out of my misery, out of the bullshit. i wanted and needed to get away but as a provider i couldn't i had people who depended on me and needed me.

————————————————

raheem is different than my usual hood niggas i really love his character

vote comment allat & excuse mistakes

byeeee<3

-modadon