𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

4 more

Two Months Later

Two Months Later

"raheem epps?" two officers walked up to me

"yes?"

"you under arrest for armed robbery in second degree. you have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law, you have the right to a lawyer if you can't afford one, one will be provided to you." one of them said turning me around cuffing me

i was put in the back of the squad car and was sent to the precinct where i was processed and questioned.

————

April 2017

i walked into the courtroom meeting up with my lawyer. i was taken out of the cuffs and sat down

"all raise"

the judge walked in an addressed the jury.

(shoutout to law & order and allat for teaching me this shit)

"okay mr.epps on the charges of armed robbery in the second degree how do you plead?" the judge asked me

"not guilty your honor" i said

somehow they had evidence against me so i couldn't do much. they had surveillance footage of me entering the two houses and an anonymous source who basically told them everything.

i looked back at my grandparents, ko, angel, ri and miah sighing lowly they all held sad expressions on their faces and it looked like ko was crying.

i fucked up bad

—————

"we the jury find raheem epps guilty"

"raheem epps i sentence you to 15 years in prison"

i lowered my head as tears rolling out of my eyes. before the officers cuffed me again i gave everyone a hug telling them i loved them.

"keep ya head up kid keep chasing ya dreams for me and miane" i told miah

"always love you kid"

"love you too" the officer cuffed me and i walked with them out of the courthouse

—————

i sat on the hard ass "mattress" writing a letter

dear ma,
i'm sorry i let you down. i should've listened when you told me that my actions would have consequences. i understand that now. i never thought i would in up in prison, or even in this predicament. i promise imma change and do better. i found out who snitched and i'm sure you know who it is well who they are. it's crazy because i never thought they would switch out on me but i guess not everybody ya friend huh? how was jermaine's service? i hope they did my boy right. whenever you get this letter i just wanna let you know i love you and miss you.

love, your son raheem

once i finished i folded the paper putting it in the envelope placing it on top of all my other letters. 5,409 until my first day out.

i had been doing good with staying out of trouble minding my business. i didn't fuck with anyone and nobody fucked with me. i tried stay to myself as much as possible.

"wassup young blood" otis my cellmate walked back into the cell

"sup otis"

he was in here for murdering his son's rapist, shortly after it happened his son took his life. he was like 12 years old and it was otis homeboy. crazy right? yo homeboy who watched ya kid grow up takes his innocence, that's sick as fuck. otis was doing 45 to life for the murder and often times he told me that he would do it again.

"how you holding up?"

"doing the best i can" i shrugged

"i got myself in this situation so now i gotta deal with it"

not much i could do but serve my time and stay out of trouble. when i got out i'd definitely be moving away. i tried to stay as positive as possible but sometimes it was hard. hard knowing you'd be missing your senior year, graduation, prom, homecoming game, and most importantly my scholarships. once word got out of my arrest the colleges snatched my scholarships i worked so hard to get. the anger i felt was unbelievable but the only person i could blame was myself so many people told me that every action has a consequence and it went through one it and out the other. in here it felt like time went slower, like the hours were stretched more so everyday felt like three long days in one.

————————————————

we're going to speed this along the final four chapters😣😣 ughh i'm not ready for it to be over

vote comment allat & excuse mistakes

byeeee<333

-modadon