Will it work

ONCELER POV

The next few days I've been helping my workers with the trees to get my mind off of things. Mom would try and come to y'all to be on my breaks but I think I made it obvious I didn't want to talk to her, and obviously she didn't take that well. She blamed y/n for the way I was acting, which isn't exactly a lie but isn't the truth either but she wouldn't understand. No one would expect me. Every now and then I would think back to the day and how scared she looked.

I came into my room and took off my green suit. I placed my hat and glasses in their spots and sat at my desk. 'What would've happened if I didn't do what I did?'

'Please can we just talk about this?'

*he nods his head and grabs her hand to take you in private*

'I-I just.' *she sighs. 'I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I left the way I did and made you think that I have moved on. I was stupid and wasn't thinking right and-'

'What're you sorry for? For doing the right thing? You had every right to leave y/n and I was mad but not at you but at myself for treating you the way I did. I understand if you won't be able to forgive me.'

I took my gloves off with my teeth. I mess everything up. If I just kept it together who knows what would've happened. I heard a knock on the door but I didn't respond thinking that it was my mom again. The door opened and I didn't see anyone until my eye went down and saw The lorax again.

'Heyy, how you doing?' I didn't give any emotion to his question. 'Okay that's great to hear. Actually what's wrong?' He closed the door and I began to explain everything that happened. 'Wow..my expectations were low but wow. How do you mess up that bad beanpole? Like actually I want to know what was going through your head for you to think that was the right thing to do. Especially in front of all those people. Poor y/n.' I looked at him then rolled my eyes. 'Yeah thanks for making me feel better.' 'Oh I'm sorry? Did you want me to lie? Sorry but I can't do that, I'm all about the truth and to be honest with you I don't know how you can fix this.' I looked down knowing he was right. There wasn't a way I could fix this. 'Unless you two talk it out.' I looked back at him. 'How is that going to happen? I doubt she wants to see me again.' He looked at. 'Meet at the place of the party at 11. I'll have y/n go as well so you guys can talk, and don't go in your suit.' He said then walked out.

YOUR POV

I rarely stayed at f/n house now. It's been a couple of days since everything happened and I just feel uneasy being at their house while they're there. It was 9 P.M and I was out in town but I couldn't help but notice all the stares I was getting. I tried to act like I didn't notice them but I did. Once everything happened that day the people that were around to watch realized that I was his girlfriend. I was no longer known as s/n anymore but now as "His ex".

I found a spot in town that no one goes to. I go there to spend most of my time now. Usually o just think about everything that happened.

*FLASHBACK TO AFTER RYAN WENT TO YOUR HOUSE*

I closed the door and sat on the couch. I stopped myself from crying again because I knew if I started it would be hard to stop again. About an hour passed when I heard the door open. I looked up and saw f/n walk in and throw the keys on the couch. 'What the fuck? You left him? Why the hell did you do that?' She sounded really mad and I couldn't say anything. 'One thing I told you not to do and that was not to stand him up, and you did that! I was trying to help you move on from that dirtbag and this is what you do?!' And again what I felt the day I left him I felt again. 'I didn't ask you to help me! Don't you think if I wanted to move on from him I would've told you AND YOU ARE IN NO PLACE TO CALL HIM THAT! HES BEEN THERE FOR ME MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE TOWN HAS!'

They looked at me shocked. I walked out of the house and walked around town and that's when I noticed everyone looking at me and whispering to each other.

BACK TO ACTUAL TIME :)

I guess I picked up his habits. I knew I didn't want to stay with f/n anymore or this town in general but I have no where to stay. Of course this one place popped in my head more than once but it wasn't an option.

Time passed and it came to the point where I knew f/n was alseep so I started to walk back.
Walking back I seen an orange fuzz ball walking my direction and I knew who it was but wasn't sure why he was here at this time.
'Heyy, what're you doing here?' I said as he came closer. 'Well obviously I came to see you, I want to make this as quick and blunt as I can. Meet at the place where the party was at 11:30, which is in 20 mins.' 'Can I ask why?' 'No' 'Do I have a choice?' 'No' Wow love that for me. Why did I need to go there and why at 11? 'Do what you need to do but be there by 11:30.' He walked off. I guess I should get ready then?

I snuck into f/n house and went into my room as quietly as I could. I opened my closet and changed my clothes, went back downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed myself a water bottle and a snack. I ate in the kitchen then left the house. I started to walk towards the area not really knowing what to expect. I got closer and saw the fairy light agains. There wasn't a fire going so that was the only thing I saw.

I was there. 'Okay I'm here, now what?' I said looking around. I didn't hear the Lorax or see him. I sat on the same chair I sat at when I came for the party. I looked up at the stars in the sky then the moon which was my only real source of light. 'Okay you have 5 seconds to come out or I'm leaving.' I stated for him to hear. I waited for 5 seconds then stood up and started to walk back towards town until I heard a voice.

'Hey, y/n'

TO BE CONTINUED
Ah short chapter but shhh. So I think I have 1 or 2 more chapters left sooo that's that. Also if you guys have anything you would like for me to write definitely let me know bc I love writing stories :)