9

^^ ik that's korra and asami but for the sake of the story pretend it's azula and cutie patootie uzume

-

          "I'M SO EXCITED TO SPEND THE WEEKEND ON EMBER ISLAND. It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing." Ty spoke, looking out at the island from their boat. Azula stood with her in the sun, leaning against the railing. Zuko sulked in the shade while Uzume calmly hummed to herself as Mai braided her hair.

      "Doing nothing is a waste of time." Zuko stood up, "We're being sent away on a forced vacation." Zuko walked up to the railing and leaned on it like Azula, "I feel like a child."

       Uzume began to zone out, feeling the nice salty breeze against her face, unaware of the look Zuko gave her when he answered some question Ty Lee asked. She also missed the way Mai glared at Zuko, causing them to have a glare-off.

       After Zuko had so rudely broken up with Uzume, Uzume began packing her stuff while she was sobbing. Mai ran into her while Uzume was in the middle of putting her clothes next to Azula's in her wardrobe and had been the one to awkwardly comfort her. So, now Mai was on a mission to make Zuko miserable.

        "Welcome to Ember Island, kids." Lo and Li spoke in unison. All the teens, minus Ty Lee and Uzume, looked at the old women with displeasure. The group followed the old women lead them up the stairs towards their shabby beach house.

       "It smells like old lady in here." Zuko scowled. Mai flicked her gaze towards him and rolled her eyes, "Gee, I wonder why."

      Uzume sat herself down onto the bed and cuddled into the blankets.

    "Who are these two beautiful women?" Ty Lee spoke across the room, gesturing to a painting of two identical women posing together.

         "Can't you tell?" The elderly women strike the pose in the painting, "It's Li/Lo and me." They spoke together again.

       Ty Lee threw herself onto Uzume and snuggled into her chest, "Ooh, I love this seashell bedspread!"

      "Ty, you kinda missed the bed spread." Uzume pointed out. Ty Lee giggled, making Uzume laugh as well. The girls laughed together, unaware of the two jealous stares the Fire Nation siblings were giving Ty Lee.

     "Are you serious? It looks like the beach threw up all over it." Mai spoke in disgust.

      "We know you're upset that you were forced to come here this weekend. But Ember Island is a magical place. Keep an open mind." Li spoke.

      "Give it a chance... The beach has a special way of smoothing even the most ragged edges." Lo finished, leaving the group standing in silence at their serious words. Suddenly, in an identical series of motions, they clap and strip off their robes, revealing their elderly bodies. "Time to hit the beach!" They spoke together.

     Suddenly, Uzume's vision was blocked as Zuko and Azula covered her eyes.

-

      The teens strolled around the beach, scouting for a spot to place their stuff. Zuko and Uzume stood under a shared umbrella, the air around them tense as Uzume tried to distract herself by chatting with Ty Lee.

      Uzume watched with wide eyes when Azula ruined a sand castle and scared a pair of young boys.

     Uzume and Ty Lee stopped in a free spot and set down their bags when suddenly a young teen sprung into their view.

    "Hey, you need some help unpacking?" He asked, drinking in Ty Lee's white bikini top and white skirt. The look he gave her made Uzume's skin crawl, so she decided to move her red towel closer to Mai. Seeing her choose her spot, Zuko put his towel right next to hers, placing his umbrella between them. Mai raised an eyebrow and scoffed at the boy invading their space, before closing her eyes and laying on her towel. She was fully prepared to tune out Zuko's pathetic flirting in attempts to get her friend back.