152.Chapter

6th November 1991

Lilianes POV

Freddies condition really got worse those past few days. He'a coughing and sneezing, and his throat hurts. I'm worried, I'm sick if worrying. He is playing it off but he exactly knows what's going on, he's also tired of the medication, it's really exhausting. We're not allowed to get emotional around him, so I can't cry when I'm with him. We still work in shifts to take care of him, Freddie acts as if he doesn't like but deep down we know that he's thankful for us being here.

I quickly wiped away a few tears when the doorbell rang, I wasn't in the mood for some visitor though. I sighed and opened the door and there I saw my chubby friend Roger standing in front of me with his sunglasses.

Thank God.

"Oh- Roger hello, I didn't know it was you- you didn't call or anything , did you?-well your always welcome, c'mon come in." I said as he looked at me a little confused.

"Oh you don't know how many times Fred showed up at my door without me knowing." He chuckled as he came in where he gave me a proper hug.

"Well he's the Freddie Mercury at the end of the day he can do what he wants." I chuckled a she laughed.

"It's Fred after all." He chuckled.

"Uhmm- I don't know if he's awake I could go check quickly." I said as I just wanted to go up the stairs.

"Let Mrs.Mercury have her beauty sleep, I want to talk to you." He said as I turned ti him again.

"Okay, uhh let's sit down then." I muttered as we sat down. "What is it? Problems with Debbie? Don't tell me you cheated again-" I started as he shook his head.

"No,no." He said. "Lil I just wanted to know how you are." He said.

"Ohhh- well I'm alright- y'know. No need to worry." I said.

"Lil I've known you your whole life, you're one of my best friends, of course something is wrong." He said as I sighed.

"Rog I just- y'know- uhhhh-." I started. "I just don't know how to go about this. I mean it's Freddie y'know- he tells me not to worry- but how?!"

"Lil you have us. I'm worried about you- I don't know what will happen with you if- y'know-" He muttered. "I just wanna make sure that you'll be alright- I mean, you have us." He said.

"Roger when Mum died Dad told me I had him, the. Dad and Clarie died and Freddie said that I have him- and what if Freddie - uh- Rog all this is just too much for me." I sighed.

"I know-" He started but I cut him off.

"No you don't- not at all. My whole life I was told: 'Oh Lil keep going, it'll be alright' and I did. But I've reached my point. Someday I just can't anymore. I've lived with this pain since I was a child and Freddie was the only person who could help me out of that. What am I supposed to do?!" I said as he sighed.

"That's not like you." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"Giving up." He answered and he was right. "Life gave you this challenge so you could pass it, not that you lose. Lil it's the way of life." He said but when I looked at him I could see a little uncertainty too.

"Then I'll lose." I whispered.

"Lil!" Rog said. "Don't say that! You're not a looser you are such a strong woman, this won't get you down." He said and I sighed. "That man upstairs laying in his deathbed is trusting you with what he leaves behind. Lil he's counting on you."