Chapter 21

He really should go easy, Vlad thought as he broke his sparring partner's jaw. A month later and his ego was still wincing, she was trading him like he was worthless, title and all, to the fucking maid of all people. Anything to keep him away from her it seems.

After her rejection in the bed, he foolishly thought the flowers would please her. According to Nardia, they did...until she realized they were from him. He doubted she would accept any gift from him, his body he always thought was the greatest gift a woman could receive, and she had rejected that too.

His new sparring partner looked like he was going to be sick and he hadn't even taken a swing at him yet. Then after what happened with the last two who could blame him. It was the only outlet left to him. Whoring had lost its appeal years ago and drinking only mellowed his rage for a time. This way he released both his sexual frustrations and his anger; his sparring partners were just going have to... what did she say...step their game up!

"I YIELD! I YIELD!" The man shouted as Vlad kept up his rapid-fire punches and as he opened the space between them to end it with a roundhouse, Vlad froze with his foot near the man's jaw as an idea occurred to him then he smiled. Still smiling he walked off, leaving the man shielding his head.

He knew what would please her and get him to touch her. It would also get her to trust him. They would have to spend time together and perhaps more. He remarked on it before and should've have thought of it earlier. He would allow her little freedoms for her good behaviour and his reward for his patience will be those lips wrapped around his cock. He would train her to defend herself.

Vlad's smile stayed plastered on his lips all the way back to the summer castle, this is what she did to him. Making her happy was suddenly the most intriguing thing in his life. When did he become so weak? His smile dimmed for a moment then he remembered she would soon be in his arms again and he beamed.

He skipped out of the helicopter and barked his orders to the staff. Then he made his way to the office to await her. His heart raced as though he was on his first flight and he hadn't even laid eyes on her yet. She glided into the room and suddenly everything was so quiet it was deafening. The only sound he could hear was his own breathing as his eyes roamed her body. Her nose was turned up at him again like his presence was distasteful but he wouldn't be put down by her current mood. He would make her smile again.

"I would like for us to train together," Vlad announced with a smile.

"Train for what?" She asked softly.

"Train...I teach you self-defense..."

She laughed, and Vlad's smile faded when she growled, "That would only make it a tad bit harder for you to rape me."

"I'm sorry..." Vlad began, and her eyes went wide.

Then they narrowed to slits as she hissed "You're sorry? You're sorry! You RAPED ME! YOU ALMOST BEAT ME TO DEATH! YOU'RE SORRY!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Vlad roared. "I did something I regret..."

"The raping or the almost killing me part..."

"...I wish to begin anew..."

"So, you can fuck me without all that unnecessary fighting back thing..." Azura griped with a careless wave of her hand.

"I am trying to apologize woman!" Vlad growled out as he punched the desk effectively shutting her up. He took a breath as he calmed himself then he turned away from her as he admitted "A prince is never wrong...and yet here I am...saying sorry..." then he faced her. "for all of it."

********************

I was stunned by his admission, late as it was but I needed my freedom and I wanted to speak to my mother, so I asked, "Do you mean that?" he nodded, sadly and I pressed "Can I see my mother, at least talk to her." He collapsed into his chair, his head crashing backwards. Just like that, I knew something was off. "If you meant what you said..."