Chapter 21

"God, this place is huge." You mumble as you step into Jungkook's luxurious apartment. It's been a few days since you've arrived back from tour and you've been spending the time getting over your jet lag as well as getting back to work.

Over the past few weeks, you and Jungkook have also been discussing the idea of moving in together. It's something that the two of you thought would be convenient for your busy schedules, due to the fact that it's much easier to do your soulmate bonding while you sleep. Besides, the two of you had been practically living together while you were on tour anyway and everything went fine.

So after some contemplating, you decided that today is the day.

"This is the last of the boxes, right?" Jungkook asks, coming up behind you.

You count the cardboard boxes on the floor before nodding. "Yep, that's everything."

"I'll be right back, I'm going to get my stuff."

"You brought stuff too?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Well, most of my things were at the dorms because I spent most of my free time there." He explains, setting the last box down on the wooden floor. "But now I want to spend it here, with you."

He moves to leave but then he notices the way you're looking at him; with soft eyes and a warm smile on your lips. "Wha-"

You interrupt him by grabbing his shoulders and leaning on your tiptoes to kiss his lips.

"What was that for?" He chuckles lightly when you pull away, his arms coming around your waist to hold you close.

"Because you're cute." You boop his nose with your index finger, to which Jungkook scrunches it up adorably.

"If I kissed you just because you're cute, I would be kissing you all the time." He reasons, leaning down so that his face is closer to yours.

"Is that so?" A smirk forms on your lips.

"Mhm," he hums, gravitating closer to you until his lips remain mere inches from yours. "Maybe I should start doing that." He suggests, his voice a few octaves lower than usual.

"Yeah, maybe you should." You mumble, your gaze landing on his lips.

After what feels like forever, he finally closes the gap between the two of you. His warm lips brush against yours with the slightest touch, as if he is teasing you. You take the bait, cupping his cheek so that you can deepen the kiss. Jungkook lets you have control for a little while, but not for long.

After a few moments, he becomes dominant again and you can feel his tongue exploring the inside of your mouth. Then he starts moving, walking you backwards.

Putting your trust in him, you follow his lead until you feel a hard surface against your back. "Jump," he instructs lowly and when you do so, he catches your thighs and sits you on what you assume is the kitchen counter.

Standing between your legs now, he finds your lips once again, kissing you feverishly. One hand grips your upper thigh while the other cups your cheek.

Then he pulls away with a playful nip to your bottom lip, making his way down your neck. "Jungkook.." You mumble softly. He continues his ministrations, licking and sucking on the skin of your neck.

A sudden thought enters your head, making your eyes pop open.

"Jungkook." You call a bit louder, tugging on his hair with more force than you usually would during a situation like this.

"Hm?" He hums, finally stopping what he is doing to look up at you. He's slightly out of breath, his eyes darker than usual with an emotion you know all too well.