Chapter Eight

ꨄ︎MIKHAILꨄ︎

"I can't believe that I am not invited to this annual gathering this year. I'm so disappointed...Mama." The man said.

Mama...

Then this man is.

Lloyd's older brother, Leighton Peterson.

"What are you doing here Leighton!?" Emmeline asked as she stepped forward, pasimple namang humarap ako sa stage and I squeezed Lloyd's hand.

"Chill out Mama, I am here to see you. Aren't you happy?" He asked and I wicked smiled crept into his lips.

"After what you've done!? tingin mo ba may karapatan ka pa rin magpakita sa akin ha?" Emmeline answered.

"Sa mga hindi nakaka-kilala sa akin diyan." Leighton said at saka kumaway sa mga bisita na nakatingin sa kanya. "I am Leighton Peterson, the supposed to be head of this family." He said and glared at Emmeline.

Guards came but Emmeline stopped them, Leighton chuckled and throws something on the floor at napunta naman doon ang atensyon ko.

"T-that was..."

"Harata's insignia...I know." Leighton said and licked his lips. "I wiped them out." He added, everyone gasped while I glared at him.

He just killed a family and I think isa din sila sa mga candidate para maging miyembro ng 'The Empire'.

"See? I deserve to be the head Mama! Lloyd can't even do that!" He said and laughed maniacally. "Come on Mama, take back the order and make me the head!" Utos nito.

Hindi naman sumagot si Emmeline at nanatiling nakatingin sa inisgnia na nasa sahig.

"Mama..." Pagtawag naman ni Lloyd.

"After what you've done to the Harata Family, pinatunayan mo lang na hindi ka talaga karapat-dapat na pamunuan ang pamilya natin Leighton." Ani naman ni Emmeline. Leighton was taken back by the words of his mother and anger immediately flashed in his face.

My eyes widened nang maglabas ito ng baril at itinutok iyon sa Mama niya.

"Stop this Leighton!" Sigaw ni Lloyd.

"You think I will listen to you? brother?" Leighton asked sarcastically. "I've done everything to prove you that I deserve to be the head but what you've done? you chose this pathetic excuse of my brother!" Sigaw naman ni Leighton kay Emmeline.

Tumingin naman ako sa paligid and I spotted some guards na hindi alam ang gagawin, dahil sa isang maling galaw lang pwedeng may mangyaring masama kay Emmeline.

Pasimpleng lumayo naman ako kay Lloyd at mukhang hindi niya rin napansin iyon, isiniksik ko naman ang sarili ko sa mga taong nandoon hanggang sa makalapit ako sa katana na nandoon.

It's now or fucking never.

"He didn't deserve it!"

"And you think you deserve it!?" Galit na tanong ni Lloyd sa kanyang kuya.

Kumuha naman ako ng hairpin sa buhok ko and I picked the lock of the glass, as much as I want to kick this shit. I need to be patient and fast at the same time. Emmeline's life is in line right now.

"I deserve it! I fucking deserve it!"

"Stop this right now Leighton!" Sagot naman ni Lloyd. "You're just being irrational!" Dagdag nito.

Oops, wrong move there Lloyd.

Kaagad naman na kinuha ko ang katana nang mabuksan ko na ang lalagyan noon at nagmamadaling bumalik sa pwesto ko kanina. I also need to protect Lloyd, I promised him.