Chapter Thirty

Two days before....

ꨄ︎LLOYDꨄ

I gulped and adjusted my necktie habang hinihintay ang isa sa pinaka-makapangyarihan na tao sa mundo.

I can't believe that I will be in this place someday, I'm still in a daze after I found that our family is now a member of The Empire.

And now, I am meeting the 'current Sideris' as Mama and Gemma classified him or her.

I took a few deep breaths, and I looked around, nakakapag-taka lang dahil wala masyadong security na nakabantay sa amin.

I mean, he or she is one of the most powerful person in this planet. Diba dapat mas mahigpit ang security niya?

But no, I only saw two guards and two chefs and two waiters.

"Sorry for making you wait Mr. Peterson." Napapitlag naman ako ng biglang may magsalita sa likuran ko. Kaagad naman na tumayo ako at tumingin sa kung sino man iyon and I saw a not so old man.

I think he is on his 40's or 50's.

"I-it's okay Sir." I answered.

"By the way, I'm George Sideris but you can call me Señor like what they are calling me." Pagpapakilala nito and he offered his hand.

Kaagad ko naman na kinuha iyon and we shake our hands. "I'm Lloyd Benjamin Peterson, the current head of Peterson Family. It was nice to meet you Señor." I said and he chuckled lightly.

"I see, I see, let's have a seat?" Pag-aya nito at naupo naman kami sa upuan. Kasunod naman noon ay ang pag-serve sa amin ng mga waiters ng appetizers. "You're pretty young to be the head actually, I think you are the youngest that I've met so far." He said at saka kumain mula sa appetizer na nasa harap niya. "So, do you have a girlfriend or wife?" He asked.

At bigla naman akong masamid dahil sa tanong na iyon, he laughed when he saw that habang ako ay pilit na pinapakalma ang sarili ko.

Way to embarrass yourself Lloyd, keep it up.

"Did I asked the wrong topic Mr Peterson? I'm so sorry for that."

"No, not at all. Nagulat lang ako." Sagot ko naman. "Well, I like this woman actually..." I started.

"Ooh, really? why do you like her?" He asked and leaned on the table, like he is telling that he is really interested.

"She's strong, independent and kind hearted woman." I said and a small smile crept into my lips when the image of Mikhail came into my mind.

"I see, I see, now I know that your intentions to her are true." He said at tumaas naman ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya. "Her name is Reagan Mikhail Villajuan right?" He asked.

"Y-yeah.."

"She and my daughter are really good friends, actually, my daughter is the one who asked me to asked you that question." He explained at tumango-tango naman ako. "Anyway, let's get back to the business....so, you're now a member of the Empire which means you also have the power like the other members do. Tell me, saan mo gagamitin iyon?" He asked.

As I expected, he will ask that question.

"For business purposes of course, I want to take advantage on that 'power' to expand my business and probably to start another business." I answered at tumango-tango naman ito.

"Very well, but are you aware that this 'power' can only be used on legal things? that's why we are really scanning through the family history of the applicants." He explained. "And I am looking forward to work with you Mr. Peterson, let's eat first before we continue." He said at saka pumalakpak naman ito ng dalawang beses.