(Vol1) Act 6

(Fall POV)

I woke up on the balcony with a book in my lap. I shifted a little then noticed that there is something heavy on my shoulder. I looked over to see Ruby leaning on it sound asleep. The sun was just coming up so I know it's early in the day. I just sat there for a second enjoying the silence and peace of this Saturday morning. How long will the peace last? That thought left my mind fast as I felt movement next to me.

Ruby: "What time is it?"

Fall: "Time to get up."

Ruby: "Mmm... five more minutes."

She fell back onto my shoulder fast asleep. I shake her back awake.

Fall: "I'll make you cookies."

She shot up onto her feet.

Ruby: "COOKIES!"

I got up and went over to the window. Ruby and I went through it then went over to the kitchen. Raiden is always up before everyone else, Johnny was right there behind him, while James and I usually get up at the same like today. Raiden's doing his check up on his cybernetics, James is cleaning is guns and armor, and Johnny is watching some stupid skeleton cartoon.

Fall: "Anybody up for cookies?"

Ruby: "ME!"

Fall: (laughing) "I meant anyone else Ruby."

Johnny just raised his hand from his spot on the couch. Raiden shook his head, and James simply put his thumb up.

Ruby: "Why not Raiden? Cookies are amazing."

Raiden: "Just not much of a sugar kinda guy."

JD: (Mocking Raiden) "I'm a cyborg that can't gain weight, and I eat nothing but healthy shit."

Raiden: "It's brain food. Something you desperately need."

Johnny busted out laughing from the couch. I got all the ingredients to make the cookies and put them on the counter.

Ruby: "I can help."

Fall: "Go for it."

I grabbed a bowl and a large spoon to put on the counter for Ruby. She grabbed an egg and tried repeatedly to break it on the side of the bowl.She was starting to get frustrated. She tapped it a few more times before giving up.

Fall: "Okay let me do..."

Ruby "AAAAAAAAAA!"

Fall: "It."

Ruby jumped up and slammed the whole egg into the bowl getting yolk on her face. She looked at me with an angry look. I grabbed a napkin then Ruby's face to wipe off the mess. She then smiled at me and proceed to reach for the flour.

Fall: "You know I can do this right."

She payed me no mind as she tipped the bag expecting the flour to come out. She looked at the bag annoyed.

Fall: "Ruby, please just give me the bag."

Ruby: "Nope."