Chapter 1 - Mon Ange

Hi! Sorry, I've been informed that I've made a mistake, and offended some people for depicting my version of Y/n (in a piece of concept art) as white, that was not my intention at all. I've done some research that may clear things up and hopefully not cause any mistakes on my end for the future: Y/n is a Louisiana Voodoo practitioner not Haitian Vodou, Louisiana Voodoo is known for having practitioners from all sorts of backgrounds so I hope that's okay. I hope this clear things up and I have realised my mistake and hope whoever this mistake may have offended accepts my whole hearted apology.

- Anna ❤️

Photo above is fanart made by the lovely @Kam_dunno on instagram! And I hope you interpret the hair colour/style, skin tone, body shape and clothes to fit you!

~~~

"Poor girl," you mumble at the Tv. "What do you think?" A looming shadow appears behind you and grins. "Very well... let's be on our way!" You quickly made your way to your closet to get ready.

~~~

Knocking on the large wooden doors to rhythmic tune you wait patiently as footsteps approached. The door slowly opens to reveal the princess.

"Bon-" the door slams in your face making you sigh. "Rude..." Knocking again you hear a few unsure whispers. Though one sentence caught your attention.

"Another one?!" Lifting your brow, you turn to your shadow who shrugged. The door suddenly opens again more confidently this time.

"Ah! Bonjour, my princess," you curtesy for the demon heir who folds her arms. "Pardon my appearance at this fine establishment, but I noticed your speech... or rather, lovely song, on the television!"

"Y-yeah..." the princess awkwardly looks away.

"Aw, ma Cherie, don't look down," using your skull topped cane you lift the girls head up. "Now, you may be wondering why I'm here, well I am here to lend my... skills..."

"What?!" A moth demon quickly walks up the door with a spear. "Why does everyone want to help?" She whispers to the princess.

"Empathy or sympathy, call it what you will," leaning to your chin on your cane you grin. "So? What will it be?"

"Ok fine! But... no deals or voodoo stuff... Promise?"

"I swear on my mothers soul," you cross an x over your heart and smile softly. "So, may I come in?"

"Yes," spinning your cane you walk in to see the Radio Demon grinning from the bar.

"Oh dear Bondye help me," you grumble as the overlord approaches you. "Can't say it is... but, pleasure to finally meet the Radio Demon," you hold out your hand to the red clad demon who's grin widens as he took your hand and kissed it lightly.

"Forgive me but I'm not exactly sure who you are," rolling your eyes you grumble to yourself.

"Course you don't," taking a deep breath you smile. "I am Y/n L/n, Voodoo Queen of New Orleans in life and Voodoo Queen of hell in death," you say proudly.

"Alastor, Radio host and serial killer in Louisiana in life, Radio Demon in death," you give a small smirk. Louisiana huh?

"Now that... that I did not know..."

"Surprises are an ever occurring thing down in hell, my dear," nodding, your eyes wander about until they stop at a spider demon.

"Mon Ange!" You left the overlord presence and walked over to a very bored Spider on his phone.

"Y/n?" Angel picked you up and spun you around. "What are you doing here?" You giggle and take his phone.

"If you weren't on this damn device you would have heard," you place it in his pocket and tap his chest fluff lightly with your cane. "Is this the rehabilitation you were speaking of?"