Chapter 20 - New year

The Radio demon continued his broadcast for hours. Listening intently as you sipped at a mug of tea he noticed mid commentary that you felt tired. As he continued to report on a killing at Roxbury street he turned to you. Clinging onto your robe you shift uncomfortably in the wooden seat.

"Oh, quite an easy death in Fleet Street, let's take a break," he shuts off his sets microphone and summons his red one. He taps on both his and your chair which merges it together to create a couch. When he notices the calm and comfortable look on your face he hesitates to pull you close. The 'ok' being given when you curl up in his arms. Clicking his fingers a red blanket lay itself over you both making you sigh happily.

"Thank you," you mumble to the Radio demon who blushes.

"You're welcome," he hesitates to turn on his microphone until you chuckle.

"It's fine, I slept through nights during the roaring 20s I can sleep through your broadcast," you assure the demon who looks down at you with a nod.

"Welcome back, report just in that an idiot is fighting an exterminator!" You feel his laugh vibrate through his chest as he continues to report.

"Hey, Y/n-" Niffty scurries in with a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Alastor continues to talk but puts a finger to his lips making Niffty nod in understanding when she saw you asleep.

"Just put it away until she wakes up," Alastor instructs after turning off his mic.

"Sure," Niffty scurries into the kitchen and does as told before running to the lobby where everyone was. "Code red and purple!" She squeals quietly.

"What?!" Angel whisper shouts, jumping off the couch and dashing to the dining room, secretly peering around the corner.

"Code what?" Husk wakes up from his nap.

"Red and purple, it means Y/n and Alastor are being cute!" Charlie follows what Angel does.

"The radio demon has an emotion other than scary?!" Moxxie gives an unsure look.

"Oh, Mox, you saw how worried he was when she got hurt! It was like us after-"

"Shhh!" Moxxie covers his wife's mouth in embarrassment. "Not in public," she grins and licks his palm making him blush and kiss her cheek.

"Lets go see," Millie takes her husband's hand. Peaking at the two overlords she held back a noises of awe as she saw you hold Alastors coat as he played with your h/c hair.

"Ok let's leave before he notices, or before-" but it was too late, the last person they wanted interfering with the moment had just left the bathroom and saw you two.

"Oh my horses! You guys are so cute!" Blitzo fawns over you two making you stir into your sleep. Alastor gives a threatening glare to Blitzo before summoning a shadow to deal with the imp. The shadow grabs Blitzo by the collar and flings him across the lobby.

"That was well deserved," Loona says, now focusing back on her phone.

~~~

Charlie's fireworks ring out throughout hell signalling the end of the extermination. Colours flash in the sky waking you from your sleep.

"Well, what an entertaining extermination! Happy New Years, and congratulations on surviving!" Alastor ends his broadcast just as you wake up. "Extermination is over, my dear," stretching your arms you peak open your eyes to see crimson ones staring down at you softly.

"Good," you mumble groggily. He lets out a chuckle as you sit upright, letting out a yawn.

"Niffty, the little sweetheart, made you some chicken noodle soup, if you'd like it?"

"That sounds nice," you rub your neck only to notice your choker missing. Looking around in panic you hear footsteps from the lobby approach. Suddenly you feel the accessories clasp around your neck just in time for everyone to walk in.

"It looked uncomfortable in your sleep," Alastor said softly as he sorted through papers.

"Happy New Years!" Charlie's says, hugging you tight.

"Happy New Years, my dear," you hug back with your good arm as everyone crowds around. "What's the plan?" You look to the more sensible imps who shrug.

"Might go back and fix up our place, though it may be a little destroyed..." you sigh and get up much to everyone's protest.

"Sit down, Y/n, you'll get hurt,"

"I got two stitches I'm not in critical condition," using your cane for support you walk to the check in. Taking a key for a large room you hand it to the couple. "Stay here, I will deal with the damage done on your apartment,"

"We couldn't possibly," Moxxie tries to refuse the offer only for Charlie to barge in.

"Nonsense, it's great to have more people in the hotel!" The couple thanks the princess as Niffty leads them to their temporary home.

"Are you two sorted?" You turn to Blitzo and Loona.

"Maybe, that's if this idiot remembered to pay rent," everyone turns to Blitzo who was eating a sandwich.

"The fuck is rent?" Slapping your forehead Blitzo chuckles. "I'm kidding, but no I haven't paid that stupid shit," sighing you take another two keys.

"Don't break anything," you warn the imp who nods happily. "Get settled, my dears," you scratch Loonas ear and kiss Blitzo between the horns, walking with them to the elevator.

~~~

🪓

🪓

- Anna ❤️