Chapter 22 - Painful sludge

Dragging yourself into the kitchen you realised these gashes would not heal as quickly as you'd hope. Knowing you were too weak to travel to the living world a simple 'FaceTime' with Mama Delphine would work.

"Woah! What are you doing down here?" Moxxie rushed to your side. Everyone looked worried as they dismissed their breakfast.

"I need a few items for a call," you pat the imps head before limping to the pantry. Grabbing the fresh items you needed you took a bowl and some water. Everyone quirked a brow and followed you into the kitchen. Summoning the shadow of a chicken you hold it up.

"What are you-"

"Look away, this gets grim," you slit the animals throat and a dark liquid falls out the cut and into the bowl. Saying a quick incantation a ringing fills the room.

"Hello?" The old ladies face appears in the bowl.

"Mama Delphine," her eyes brighten as she moves closer to the bowl.

"Y/n, my dear, how are you? What's the matter?" Smiling down at the woman you state your reason for the call.

"Well, extermination took place as you know and I got in a little... incident with an exterminator," she gasps and moves from the camera quickly grabbing a book.

"You know better than to go out! It better have been for good reason, young lady," letting out a chuckle you gesture for the imps and hound to come over. "Of course you lot would get into trouble,"

"Hi miss Delphine!" Millie waves down at the bowl.

"Call me Mama, my child," the imp giggles as everyone else says hi. "Now, how bad is the cut?"

"Uh... bad enough for me to need stitches?" She sighs and flips her page.

"I will make the solution, get the less destructive imps to collect it,"

"On it!-" Blitzo looked happy until Mama barged in.

"I meant anyone but you, Blitzo, my dear," Moxxie snickers earning a glare from his boss. "Now, where is that handsome young man with the glasses?"

"Hello, mama," Alastor walks to the bowl as everyone backs away.

"My handsome young man! You look so different! Who would've thought you to be a deer demon," Alastor chuckles.

"Thank you,"

"Now, when will you ask Y/n out on a date?"

"Mama!" You glare down at the woman as everyone stifles a laugh. "She's joking... right?" You grit through your teeth.

"Oh yes of course..." she says sarcastically. Giving her a side glare she clears her throat. "Well, that solution will be done by tonight, do rest up, and Alastor do think about what I said,"

"Right! Yes ok thank you!" Tapping the bowl three times the call ends, giving you the ok to let out a breath. "Damn woman," you grumble. Tossing the contents down the sink you look back to everyone who was grinning. "What?"

"Nothing!" Charlie says with a suggestive smile.

"Mention a word and I'm turning you all into fireflies," you walk out the kitchen as everyone's eyes trail from you to a blushing Alastor.

"So...?" Husk nudges the demon who glares down at him.

"I will send you into an never ending pit of darkness, Husker my friend," Alastor pats the cat demon on the head before walking out to continue his breakfast.

~~~

"N/n!" You look up from your book and to the door where Moxxie and Millie were. They held up a bottle with a yellow sludge.

"Gross," you grumble. "Thank you, my dears,"

"You need help?"

"No, no I'll be fine, thank you though," you pat the imps on the head and let them leave the room. Once the door closed you removed your gloves and lifted the covers. You pop open the cork stopper and hesitate to put it in your hands. "Damn this," you put a good amount in your palm before transferring it to the wounds. "Not as bad as I thought-" you suddenly let out an ear piercing scream as the cuts burned, the solution turning a dark brown.

"Y/n?!" Everyone suddenly bursts into the room in a panic. They run to your side and watch as you held back wails. It felt like burning knives constantly stabbing you in the same spot. Not that you would know exactly what that felt like...

"What's going on?!" Loona says in a panic. Clenching you're fist you let tears stream down your face. "Y/n? Y/n?! What's happening?!" Biting down on your lip the pain subsides. Your head spins for a moment before you regain awareness of your surroundings.

"Y/n? Are you ok?" Angel sits by your side and takes your gloved hand.

"I-I'm fine... I- I just need-" you stand up only for your legs to give in. You fall into Alastors arms, weakly clutching his coat.

"No, No, you're not fine," he picks you up and puts you back in bed. He conjures a napkin and wipes away the brown sludge on your stitches to reveal partially healed wounds. "We need to take care of these," with a small pair of scissors in his hands he removes the sutures. By the time he was done with your arm you were passed out on the bed.

"Will she be ok?" Charlie moves hair away from your face.

"She'll be fine, she needs rest," everyone nods until Vaggie raises a question.

"Not to be rude... but did she always have those?" Vaggie points to the stitches connecting your limbs. Alastor looks to Angel who shrugs.

"It would hurt to explain?" Angel says, though it was more of a question.

"There's no point in hiding it..."

"Will you two stop being cryptic? It's doing my head in," Husk grumbles.

"It's nothing to worry about, Y/n is just a... voodoo doll demon but she doesn't exactly admire the stitches holding her limbs together..." Alastor finally answers the question floating in the air.

"Why didn't she tell us?" Niffty peeks her head over the mattress to look at your gloved hand. She slowly pulls it down to reveal another stitch.

"Insecurities are quite the torment, Niffty my darling," Alastor then turns to usher everyone out the room. "She will need the rest of the day to heal, I recommend we continue with our daily routines,"

"Alright," Charlie walks off as Vaggie rubs her shoulders. Soon everyone dispersed as did Alastor once he gave your door a final glance.

~~~

I have the urge to start another Alastor x reader-

- Anna ❤️