Chapter 29 - My fault

Everyone decided it was time to go back to the hotel, scavenge what wasn't burned. The walk was quicker due to everyone wanting to get there fast, even Alex came along. Seeing the hotel burned and destroyed broke your heart, especially when you turned to Charlie who was holding back a sob.

You all duck under the wooden pieces and went into the lobby. It was charred and ruined, every corner darkened and scorched. Charlie quickly ran to her office along with Vaggie as everyone used the fire stairs to go to their room. You couldn't stand watching everyone in pain, loss for words at the damage, even IMP was broken, even though their stay was short

You pushed your door open only for it to fall off it's hinges. Letting out a sigh you walk in and walk to the closet where everything was burnt to ashes. Walking back out you open your trunk which was scorched on the outside, you sighed in relief at the sight of your equipment still intact. Standing back up you walk to the destroyed altar, though half of it was cleared out.

You look to the bed, which four posters were holding up the sinking ceiling. Closing your eyes you take in a breath, smelling only smoke. Suddenly an idea passed in your mind. Spinning to your trunk you dig under pots, herbs and books. At the very bottom, a small book lay, you dust it off you flip through to a single page.

Damage reversal:

You jump in the air as you read through the recipe. A few herbs but one thing stuck out.

Tear from the owner of the damaged object

Snapping shut the book you take a small vial and teleport to Charlie's office. There she was sobbing her eyes out. You rush over which made her look up.

"Keep crying!" You hold the vial under her eyes as she sniffles.

"W-what?"

"Your hotel, it's completely destroyed beyond repair!" You say making more tears spill out her eyes.

"What are you doing?!" Vaggie tried to pry you away only for you to shut her up by shoving the book to her.

"Charlie, no magic can fix this, this hotel was going to fail and now look at it in ruins!" The vial fills up slowly as she sobbed shocked and confused. Soon you had two vials filled with tears from both eyes. "Perfect!"

"W-why?..."

"I'm going to fix this hotel," you kiss her forehead and take the book off a smiling Vaggie. Dashing to the kitchen you take fresh ingredients which were thankfully protected by the pantry's metal door before teleporting back upstairs to get dried herbs and spices. In a bowl you started to create the solution in a big batch, due to the amount of damage.

"My dear? What are you doing?" Alastor walks in.

"I'm fixing all this!" You say excitedly, saying the chant, your eyes glow a deep purple until the solution turned turquoise.

"How?" You start to fill small jars with candle wicks with the liquid, stacking them up in a box once a lid was on.

"With... this..." you fill the last jar and walk out the door with the box, Alastor following close behind. "Meet me outside," you pop out of sight. Now in front of the hotel Alastor appears by your side as you start to place jars around the hotel, a good distance apart.

"Need help?"

"Yes, all around the hotel, a good distance apart," he takes a few jars and quickly places them around. Eventually with everything set up you and Al meet up at the front. "I hope this works!" A small flame appears on the top of your finger, you quickly light one candle, soon the rest lighting up automatically.