Chapter 35 - A kiss

Walking through the neighbourhood after Mama Delphines you lead the way to the botanical garden.

"We pay this time," you tease Alastor who rolls his eyes with a grin. "Seven tickets please,"

"Children under 8 go free," The person peers down at Niffty who was starting to fume.

"I'm-!" You clasp a hand around her mouth and chuckle nervously.

"T-thank you," you pay for the tickets and drag Niffty away as she wriggles in your grasp.

"I'm going to kill her!" She grumbles.

"Yes, yes, you can do that later," finally in the garden you sigh at the smell of fresh flowers. "Now, do not take anything, do not break anything, do not eat anything unless you pay for it," you hand $20 to each person. "Enjoy," immediately everyone split off leaving only you and Alastor.

"Shall we?" He holds out his arm which you happily take.

"We shall," you both walked through the garden, light conversation here and there, but whenever there was silence it was always comforting. As the sun started to set the sky was filled with purple and orange hues. Approaching a gazebo you notice soft jazz exiting speakers attached to the structure.

"Care to dance?"

"I'd love to," When you both walk to the centre of the gazebo a light blush rushes to your cheek as Alastor pulls you close. His arm snakes around your waist, his other intertwined with yours. The same vice versa when you placed a hand on his shoulder, his heart fluttered, his smile soft and genuine. Dancing to the song you keep your eyes on the ground, not wanting to make eye contact in case he saw the blush.

"Your eyes should be up here," he lifts your chin until your eyes met. "That's better," the moment was perfect, god, why hadn't you met him when you were alive?

"I like this," you mumble.

"As do I, ma chèrie," you give a soft smile at the nickname, hopeful to calm your blush. It stayed like this for a while until you both glanced to each others lips. Slowly Alastor raises a hand to cup your face. "May I?" You give a subtle nod, he was quick to kiss you. It was sweet and loving, something you haven't felt in a long time... you place your arms around his neck and pull him closer, one hand in his hair. Once you both pulled back he moved a stray hair from your face.

"Now that was nice," he laughs lightly in agreement. You lean back in for another kiss which he gladly accepts... but as the universe would have it, the moment was ruined by cheers and claps. Pulling back you look to the group who were taking pictures. "Really?"

"Yes, so worth it!" Vaggie and Charlie high five. You notice however, your mothers doll was in Angels arm, a tear forming.

"Oh my god..." you rush over and take a vial, letting the tear fall in. "It- it finally happened!"

"What? What happened?" Angel looks down in confusion.

"Happy tears! I need to go to Mama Delphine!" You rush past the group with the doll, dashing through the garden and out the gates.

"Y/n wait!" The group was quick to follow you.

~~~

"Mama Delphine! I have tears of joy!" You could help but cry to yourself as the old woman rushed out.

"What?!"

"Yes!" She grabbed a bowl and started the spell. "All those years of collecting sad tears- and now I have happy tears!" The group rushed in just as you placed the tear in the bowl. A white light whisped around the ceramic, a buzzing and static showing up. "Mama?"

"Y/n? My dear, is that you?" Laying eyes on the woman you see her holding back tears.

"Yes, yes it's me," wiping away your own you hold the bowl tight. "I missed you so much,"

"I missed you too, my dove," as she wore all white the background was cloudy and wonderful as heaven should be.

"I have so much to tell you!"

"I've seen most of it, my little one," you chuckle at the realisation that she could see through the doll. "You've grown so much... and have done many stupid things, young lady," you laugh through a sob.

"I know and I'm so sorry,"

"It's ok, now let me see your friends," you gesture for the group to come over. "I'm honoured to meet the people who have change my daughters life. Where is the radio host?" Al steps forward.

"Hello, Ma'am,"

"Mama, this is Alastor my..."

"Boyfriend, ma'am," Al finished your sentence, letting your heart skip a few beats. Behind the both of you Mama Delphine high fives the group.

"You treat her well or I'm sending Delphine your way," She gives a threatening glance which makes the radio demon chuckle nervously.

"Wouldn't think of doing anything to hurt her... she may retaliate herself," you lightly slap his shoulder as he places a kiss on your forehead.

"That's good to know," you chatted with your mother all night long until your timer indicating the 10 minute mark until sunrise rung out scaring everyone. "It's time to go,"

"But I don't want to," you mumble.

"We will talk again, I'm sure of it, as long as you're happy know that I am too, my dove," you nod. "Talk to you soon, my dear, I love you,"

"I love you too," you sniffle as the call ends.

"You'll talk soon, like she said," Mama Delphine rubs your back as you stand up.

"I'm sure of it," you repeat your mothers words happily. "We should be going, Fet Gede is almost over,"

"I will see you again next year, and you can call your mother again if you get that tear," you give a sure nod as everyone says goodbye.

Until next year...

~~~

BOOK IS LE FINISHED

BOOK IS LE FINISHED

Screw it im making another Alastor book-

- Anna ❤️