More Love

In the evening.

As night fell the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the stars. Karan and Preeta return to their hotel, tired.

Karan: Bohot thak gayi??

Preeta nods cutely. He smiles and entangles their fingers. She too smiles. He takes her to the restaurant and makes her sit on a table.

Karan: Yahi baithi raho, mein khaana le kar aata hu...

Preeta: Arre par...

Karan (interrupts): Meine kaha na!! Yahi par baithi raho...okay??

Preeta (smiles): Okay...

Karan brings the food for her and himself. He feeds her with his own hands. She too feeds him.

Preeta: Karan, baki sab??

Karan: Sab ne dinner kar liya hai aur sone chale gaye hai...

They finish their dinner and go to their rooms.

Girl's room.

Preeta lies on the bed and closes her eyes. Karan's tattoo flashes before her eyes. She immediately opens her eyes. She gets up and goes near the window. She smiles thinking about how Karan had made her day so special. She opens the window and looks at the moon, smiling. Bathed in the light of the sun, the moon was more beautiful than even the stars around. Stars lit the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appearing still, like an old photograph. Preeta closed her eyes, smiling, feeling the wind blow her hair into a tousled mane. Were she out there in space, riding the limits of the known universe, they would be a choreographed blizzard. How the stars would move, the galaxies tumble and dart. But for now, with her arms around herself and her head leaning gently on the window pane, the starlight kept its familiar pattern. The constellations, who'd witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, watched over this tiny moment. She crept back onto the bed and fell asleep.

Next day.

The spring day opened with the same gentle pace as the new blooms. The warm sun rays kissed her skin lightly, warming her from the inside out. Spreading sunrise, pinkish glow, clouds tinted, colours spread across the sky announcing the new day, oranges and reds painted across the clouds as if by a celestial hand. Twilight melted away, majestic sunrise, red orange glow seeping over the horizon as if the light itself was being poured from a molten sun. Powerful rays flood over the landscape lighting every blade of grass, shining from each leaf. Preeta walks out of her room, only to find Karan waiting for her. She smiles and heads over to him.

Preeta (smiling): Good morning!!

Karan (smiles): Good morning, babydoll!! Chale??

Preeta nods and they leave. Karan brings Preeta to a beautiful palace, where a feast was being held. 'Fantasea' it read.

Preeta: Yeh konsi jagah hai, Karan??

Karan: Chalke dekho!!

She pouts cutely and he laughs silently. They go inside and Preeta is mesmerized seeing the decorations.

Karan: Kaisa laga??

Preeta (amazed): Bohot achcha hai, Karan!!

Karan smiles and they go inside. They spend some time together. The music starts and Karan gets up from his seat. Just like a perfect gentleman, he bows down and extends his right hand towards her. Preeta gets surprised and blushes.

Karan: May I have a dance with you, pretty lady?

Preeta (blushing): Sure...

She gives her hand in his and he gets up, taking her to the dance floor. He entangles their hands and keeps his other hand on her waist. Preeta closes her eyes feeling his touch. She suddenly felt 1000 volts go down her spine. It was a tinkling of several enthralling sensations. He gently sways her and they dance to the rhythm of their heart that was then beating only for each other.