🌟 Being a Muslim 🌟

Hey guys! I wanted to do something more of a "Diary" type of entry, so I hope you guys like my insight and stuff!! *hehe* DO not read if you are 10 or under, strictly.

🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 

Being a muslim has always been hard. But having that faith inside of you helps you get through it. Having that faith in Allah helps you through it. Knowing that he is there for you. He is watching over you. 

I don't judge other religions, and I don't mind if someone asks me questions about my religion, I honestly don't, but sometimes it can get... embarrassing. Like, for some reason, it sounds so strict and unfair and just sounds like there are 1000000000 rules. 

It's easy at a young age. I went to an all Muslim school at a young age, and I loved it. It was all friends that I know, and friends that all knew about the Quran and about praying and hijjab and all of that.

So I never thought more of it. When ever I was going out with my family at a young age I would go, "OH my god! Someone wearing a hijjab!" I would be so excited that I saw someone wearing a hijjab outside.

But then, I started going to regular school—public school and I had a friend who was embarrassed to be muslim. I had asked her in the middle of music class, "What juz are you on in the Quran?" she hadn't really answered, and I thought it was because she hadn't heard me, so I kept asking her until she said, "Stop!" and I was shocked that she would say that when I was just asking her a simple question.

Me and that same girl—S, are still close friends to this day, and honestly, having friends that aren't muslim is great, that's fine, but having muslim friends that you can deeply and truly relate to is nice also. 

And when I had to stop wearing shorts and I wasn't allowed to wear shirts with leggings, I was kind of embarrassed. It was burning hot outside, and I was the ONLY kid no wearing shorts or tank-tops. I felt so embarrassed when anyone asked me why, and it would sometimes bring my whole day down.

Like, why do you ask so much, people? I understand if yo asked me once, but why in front of the whole class? Why so loudly? Why again and again just to embarrass me?

Someone I know.... Not going to say who...**cough***—J and A, let's say, are younger than me. I've known them for 4 years now, and every single time it comes Christmas time, they ask "What are you asking for for Christmas?" do they not understand that they asked me this last year? They would ask and then answer for themselves, "Oh, yeah, you don't celebrate it," as if it was something to be ashamed of.

When I was in middle school, my friend's were genuinely curious about Islam, and they asked me to tell them all of the rules for Islam. I wrote them down;

1) Not allowed to hang out with boys alone. (Not allowed to date or hold hands or kiss until you're married) Honestly, I always found this rule annoying, because I have friends who are boys, and like, am I not allowed to hang out with them and just shun them, or what?

2) Girls should cover their hair when they get their periods. They should also cover up as they get older. (Wearig modest clothes. I dread my period because I don't want to wear a head-scarf. I'll have to change my WHOLE wardrobe!)

3) Muslims pray 5 times a day, and when you become adults (go through puberty,) you must pray all of your prayers, Fajr (morning prayer) Zhur (1;00 prayer) Asr (4-5 o'clock prayer) Maghrib (when sun sets) Isha (Like after the sun sets. The times change.)

4) People who have been through puberty have to fast during Ramadan. 

5) We celebrate Eid! (Eid is coming up again!!!!)

6) Smoking is disliked in our religion.

7) Drinking is haram or forbidden.

8) tattoos (permanent) are haram or forbidden.

9) Eating pork or non-halal is haram or forbidden.

I can't remember any others, I might have missed some so comment what you guys think.

Being muslim is over-all hard, to be honest, but we get through!

(I hope I didn't offend anyone by this!)