Chapter Eleven

"Oh my darling,
Oh my darling,
Oh my dar~ling, Clementine~"

Continuing the lyrics with a hum, Max maneuvered the steering wheel as he drove his truck into the bumpy country-side road.

"Dammit, you've been singing the same thing over and over!" Ash complained, his eyes on the window view while he childishly pouted from the older's loop of song.

"Well, that's the only words I know from the lyrics." Max replied. Restarting the song again with literary the same lyrics for the umpteenth times ever since he got bored from the hours of drive out of the city.

"Yeah. I can confirm that my ears are bleeding." Y/n yawned, but her eyes remained on the road.

The three of them were on the front. The girl insisted she didn't want to sit at the back as the road was hard and the ground was too bumpy. She didn't like the idea of body ache so she resorted to just sit in front to have the availability of the cushion.

And another reason was because of her motion sickness. The truth they later found out three hours after the ride when she pulled a plastic out of nowhere and started throwing up. This shook the front seat in panic but she said she was fine.

Ash insisted she sleep at the back once more but she refused. It would only worsen if she keeps on being shaken  on the back.

This at least would help her sit still for hours.

"How long before we get there?" She asked sheepishly.

"About five hours or so." Ash replied.

"I wanna throw up--"

"Not in my truck again, child." Max warned.

"I still have my supply of plastics." And yes, a pack of white plastic bag was summoned out of her jacket. Waving it tamely beside the driver.

"Why do everytime you throw up, you still have some food to include? That's just plain gross." Max said in disgust, waving off the item she was shoving in his face momentarily.

"I'm sorry for my appetite." She said in a sarcastic way but was weakly holding her head. She leaned on her seat, grunting in headache as she closed her eyes. "Ahhh... kill me."

"You should've told us about your stupid  flaw so we could've brought you some remedy." Ash grumbled, the pout still plastered to his face.

"I didn't know it was this farrrr..." she replied. "And the bumpy and snaky road is making me feel worse. Usually I can take it when the road is straight and steady." She continued to complain.

"If you stop moving around and just sleep, we won't have anymore problem."

The girl hissed. "I'm trying. But it's hard to sleep when I'm sitting."

"Then go at the back and lie down."

"For the nth times now. It'll only worsen if I'm at the back. The floor is also hard and it s going to give my body soreness." She complained.

"You want to sleep, but you can't lie down at the back as well?" Ash grunted a defeated sigh. "You're such a pain."

"Well, I'm sorry, mr. Perfect. I'm such a weak and fragile woman suffering motion sickness." She rumbled. "Ah, I feel like a jelly right now. My brain is melting away... no... my brain~"

That was it. Ash had it with the people on the front seat. One was irritatingly singing the same song lyric over and over again, while the other was making him crazy from all her complaints.

"Aslan~" she hummed softly.

He eyed her who's eyes were closed. "What now?" He asked.

"Knock me out. I beg of you."

The young blonde stretched his hand behind her, grabbing her opposite shoulder and pulled her down to his lap her head treating his lap as a pillow. "Lie down and sleep the fuck out." He said in harsh demand.

The stunned girl tried to get up from her current position, but Ash, who was so full of irritation awashed his impatient being has pushed her back into his lap again.

"I said sleep already." He said again.

"Aslan." She gasped in an obvious overacting manner. "I didn't know you have a heart there! Where was it when I needed it!" She said sarcastically.

"Well, shouldn't you be grateful instead?" The blonde rolled his eyes.

He was probably right. The girl could only give up on insisting to sit up because every curves on her brain has started straightening up in dismay. "Yeah. Fine. Thanks~" she hummed, closing her eyes and tried to let sleep devour her.

"Finally." Ash muttered, adding soft strokes of caresses on her hair to install more relaxing feeling in her sleep. He did that for more than twenty minutes, feeling the the girl's muscles had all been loosed. She was finally having a good sleep.

For that, he was able to stop and rest a hand on her shoulder to support her from falling.

"Having soft spot on the little fox?" Max asked in a teasing manner. His 'clementine' humming didn't left.

Ash scoffed. "What are you talking about." He asked back.

Max stopped humming. His eyes focused on the road, giving a short glance at the teen male. "Why not? She's quite the attitude." He laughed.

"Girls are just a waste of time. I wouldn't let it get myself. She must've been a spy for Dino for all I know." He shrugged.

"Oh how could you say such a thing? You're facing a beautiful young girl. Why would you suspect her? Has she not yet proven herself?"

"Its not that simple to believe someone who just came in, y'know."

"But you're all kind towards Eiji? Aren't you such a bias?" Max remarked, laughing when he saw how it caught the blonde off guard.

"Shut up. You'll wake her." Ash growled instead. His hand still caressing the girl's hair softly ensuring that she's asleep just fine.

The brunette ignored his taunt and continued to laugh. "What is it exactly? You care for her but you don't really trust her?" He asked, humming the song he's been singing again.

"Dammit, I said shut up." He grunted.

"Fine fine~ so. Which way?" He asked upon nearing a two way.

"To the right."

"Oh my darling,
Oh my darling,
Oh my dar-ling, Clementine~"

"Shut up already."