1988 (1)

Joshua Parker left the office building where he just had a meeting with some of his advisors. Once again, they were discussing how he needed to have another set of twins soon, that way there was no risk that his eldest son would become the coven leader.

However, Joshua knew that his wife was exhausted from having children. They already had six and he didn't know if she could survive another pregnancy or birth, especially twins but it was for the good of the coven.

Joshua ran a hand over his face, planning to go back home.

He stopped in his tracks as he felt a burst of energy off to his right. He turned abruptly and jogged over. Whatever he was expecting was not what he saw.

Two girls, that appeared to be younger than his son Joey, who was eleven, laid unmoving on the ground.

But what caught his attention was the energy of familiar magic he could sense in the girls...in their blood. Something that was melded into them.

They were Gemini witches.

Not only that, but they were also twins.

Joshua ran forward but didn't touch them.

He closed his eyes and reached out with his magic, searching for the tethers of their magic but he couldn't find them.

He opened his eyes, confused.

How could they be Gemini witches and not have magic?

He froze as the realization hit him.

Joshua knew what it meant, they were siphoners like his eldest son. He stared down at them in horror.

There had never been a set of Gemini twins that were both siphoners, hell, before Malachai there had never ever been a siphoner in a set of twins.

He stared at the girls for a moment, before frowning and whispering a spell under his breath. The spell would allow him to tell how they were related to him.

The air fluctuated around them, then settled as a single word appeared in his brain.

Grandfather.

That was impossible.

Josette and Malachai were 16.

He had no older children, who could have possibly had kids.

Especially ones so old.

He had to interrogate them but where should he bring them?

Joshua frowned, before calling for his advisor, Kyle.

<><><>

Lizzie opened her eyes slowly, and rubbed her head, trying to push away the headache she felt coming on.

Ugh, her head felt like she banged it against a wall yet she didn't remember doing that.

She looked around in confusion as she realized that she was no longer at the Salvatore Boarding School.

Instead, she was in a small room of sorts, sitting on a bare bed.

Where was she?

Lizzie noticed that there was magic within everything, similar to the boarding school, but also different.

The school had a protection spell around and whatever was around here was not a protection spell.

She looked to her right and spotted Josie sleeping softly beside her.

"Jo?" Lizzie said, quietly as she started to nudge her sister.

Now was not the time to be napping, they had things to do and people to possibly hurt.