Destiny (3)

(6 Years Later)

Lizzie and Josie were sitting side-by-side on Lizzie's bed when Kai burst in. He closed the door behind him, as he turned to look at the twins.

"Kai?" Lizzie said, looking surprised to see him. "Why didn't we know you were back?"

"Daddy dearest most likely forgot to tell you," Kai replied, walking around Josie's bed in order to get over to the bed they were on.

"Scootch," He said, and he squeezed in between the twins, not at all caring about personal space.

He laid down putting his head on Josie's leg and threw his legs over Lizzie's lap. Once he was comfortable, he sighed loudly.

Josie looked down at him, amused. "What's up?" She asked, putting her book down.

"The twins are being pests like usual," Kai said, looking annoyed.

"They're always annoying, that's nothing new," Lizzie muttered, maneuvering her sketch pad on Kai's leg so that she could still sketch.

Kai paused, "That's true...but somehow they've gotten worse."

Lizzie looked over at him in disbelief. "How?"

"I..I don't know, they just are," Kai said, glancing at her.

"Maybe it's because they've started doing magic?" Josie suggested, looking contemplative.

Kai's eyes darkened. "Dad is soo proud, his precious twins are shaping up to be great witches." He said, mockingly.

"Please, as if they could be better than us," Lizzie commented, continuing her sketch of an object she had been dreaming about.

It wasn't that large and had these gear-like things a part of it, but she didn't know what it was.

Lizzie looked up as she noticed Josie had a confused look on her face.

"Josie?" Lizzie said, raising an eyebrow but Josie didn't respond.

Kai looked up at Josie as well, also noting the weird expression.

"Something wrong, sister dearest?" Kai asked, poking her in the stomach.

"Kai!" Josie exclaimed with a grin, "Don't do that."

Kai smirked, "Do what?"

Josie rolled her eyes and sent a glare at her laughing sister.

"Josie, why'd you space out?" Lizzie wondered, and the frown reappeared on Josie's face.

"It's just...I don't know..I'm probably just imagining things..." Josie trailed off, and Lizzie looked down at Kai, who was looking right back at her with his eyebrows raised in question.

Lizzie shrugged in response.

"What is it, Jojo?" Kai prodded, looking up at her through narrowed eyes.

"Does no one else find it weird that he kept having kids, but then, when he had another set of twins, he stopped?" Josie said, looking puzzled.

Lizzie and Kai both stilled.

"That...is weird," Lizzie admitted.

Kai was silent, "Do you think there's a specific reason?" Kai wondered, aloud.

"I don't know, it just feels off," Josie muttered, glancing between them.

"Yeah," Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"But it's probably nothing, so let's move on," Josie said, wanting to redirect the conversation. "So, Kai, we need a plan for your 22nd birthday."