The Parker's (2)

Kai led the twins out from the hiding place, and over to where his dad was waiting. Both of the girls immediately grabbed onto his hands, looking very nervous.

He looked up as they approached, and Kai noticed a flash of disgust in his eyes as he observed the three.

"You found them," Joshua acknowledged, tilting his head as he looked at the twins, who pressed themselves closer to Kai.

"They're willing to hear you out," Kai said, glancing down as he felt their grips tighten.

"Very well...first things first, what are your names?" Joshua asked, kneeling down.

"Lizzie," Lizzie answered and nudged her sister.

Josie shifted uncomfortably. "Josie," She introduced.

Joshua's eyes instantly widened upon hearing the name but other than that he didn't react.

"Last name?" He inquired.

"Saltzman," They said in unison.

He nodded, considered the young girls.

"How old are you?" He asked, beginning the interrogation once again.

"We're 9," Josie answered, sharing a look with her twin.

"9?" Joshua repeated, blinking in surprise.

"We're smart 9-year-olds," Lizzie boasted with a smirk at her twin which made Kai laugh in amusement.

Joshua nodded, and his face became serious. "Where are you from?" He asked, looking between them

"Mystic Falls," Josie answered, with a shrug.

"And where is that?" Joshua inquired, with a raised eyebrow.

"Virginia," Lizzie replied.

Kai looked down at them in surprise. "You two are a long way from home, aren't you?"

"You have no idea," Lizzie muttered, and a smile appeared on her face when she heard Josie snort in agreement.

Joshua pursed his lips as he considered those words but he decided to continue his line of questioning.

"What are the names of your parents?" He asked, observing the twin exchange strange looks.

"Rick Saltzman and Carolina Saltzman," Josie said, hesitantly as she changed a few things about the name. It was too late to change their last name but they could lie about this.

Joshua nodded with a frown. That didn't fit...unless they were lying or had been raised by people who weren't their actual parents.

"Where were you before you appeared here?" He inquired, trying to gather more information and he ignored Kai, who was staring at him in confusion.

"At our school," Lizzie answered, with a shrug.

"School?" Joshua repeated, confused. "You were in class or on break when you came here?"

Kai narrowed his eyes at his dad, not understanding how they could appear here.

"Boarding School for the young and gifted." Josie said, leaving out the first part of the name. "It's not very well known."

Josie wasn't technically lying.

It wasn't well known with humans which made up the majority of the population of the planet.

"Our parents run it," Lizzie said, with a proud look on her face.

Joshua nodded, deciding to leave that line of questioning alone for now.