Trapped (4)

Lizzie and Josie had made it to the hotel hours ago but they were both freaking out both inwardly and outwardly.

Josie glanced at her pacing twin. "Lizzie, it's been hours...what if something happened?" She asked, running her hand through her hair

Lizzie stopped pacing, worry flashing across her face.

Kai was fine, he had to be okay.

"He said to wait for him to come to us...he's probably okay..right?" Lizzie said, hesitantly.

"He has to be...we would probably feel if something happened to him...it's just been so long," Josie said, with a frown. She glanced at her twin with uncertainty in her eyes. "What do you think he was going to do?"

"I don't know..." Lizzie said, glancing out the window.

She knew that whatever was going to happen was going to change everything, one way or another.

The real question was...was it going to be a bad change or a good one...

"Do you think he's going to hurt them?" Josie asked, suddenly.

Lizzie looked back at her. "Maybe? I don't know, all I know is he was different when we left," She replied, running her fingers along the glass of the window of their room.

Josie got to her feet and came to stand beside her. "Is it bad that I don't care about what happens to them?" She asked, looking guilty.

Lizzie looked at her twins, as she was hit with the realization that Josie was feeling guilty about not feeling guilty.

Is that ironic? Maybe? Who knows...

"Probably, but I don't either, so we're in the same boat," Lizzie said, with a shrug.

The two stood in silence for a little bit, just looking out the window at the dark sky.

Josie reached out and grabbed Lizzie's hand, squeezing it gently. Lizzie looked at Josie curiously.

Josie opened her mouth to say something then stopped.

"Jo?" Lizzie said, turning fully to her without letting go of her hand.

"What if he's not okay? What if he gets caught by Josh?" Josie asked, meeting her eyes.

"Jo, I don't know what's going to happen..." Lizzie said, with a sigh, but there was a combination of fear and determination in her eyes. "But if necessary, we'll save his ass."

"Okay," Josie whispered in agreement.

Suddenly, both of the twins tensed up, feeling a surge of powerful Gemini magic echo around them in the direction of the house.

"That wasn't Kai," Josie said, with a sinking feeling in her gut.

"No, it wasn't..." Lizzie agreed, completely tense.

The twins exchanged panicked looks and grabbed their stuff as they rushed out of the hotel as fast as they could.

The twins ran back to the house, sensing that the residue of powerful magic was in that direction but more towards the woods.

"What do we do if we can't find him?" Josie asked as they slowed to a stop.

"We will," Lizzie muttered, tensely, but she wasn't so sure.

Whatever that magic was, she didn't know, but she had a feeling it wasn't anything good. And Kai was definitely not the one who cast it.

When they reached the house, they froze noticing Joshua Parker standing there with something that felt strangely familiar to Lizzie.